Issue on Batt grip

justsochubby

Dec 15, 2011
Simei estate
Is it essential to get a Batt grip or is it just waste of money? I am intending to get a grip but still deciding whether to go for 3rd party or the Canon grip. Bros out there, any advice?

Is it essential to get a Batt grip or is it just waste of money? I am intending to get a grip but still deciding whether to go for 3rd party or the Canon grip. Bros out there, any advice?

A grip is definitely not "essential" since you don't need it to operate your camera. I use one and it helps me when I need to take shots in portrait orientation, make it more comfortable when I do portrait shoots.

that depends on you purpose of getting a battery grip,

look cool look pro? do you want this?

longer shooting time? extra batteries is cheaper

better grip? depends on the size of your hands

shooting portrait orientation? how often do you do that in the first place.

see, you have most the answers of the question you want to ask.

Want it probably due to the grip n longer shooting time. HAHA look cool meh. I think add to the weight man.

Jimmy1978 said:
Ya i agree. A grip only adds weight and is unnecessary

Haha try continuously shooting in portrait orientation for 2-3 hours without the grip.

Haha try continuously shooting in portrait orientation for 2-3 hours without the grip.

yes.. for a portrait shooter or someone who shoots lots of verticals.. no battery grip is kind of a sickening thing. I've became so used to the battery grip (I really shoot lots of verticals), and now I'm feeling weird without one. :cry:

I like batt grip kinda give me a better balance when holding the cam. During my film days have
fashioned a 'grip' for my film cam Contax RTSIII as it has a build in film winder. During those days
it's motordrives that serves as 'grips' asked any film veterans they'll know. :)

i use my grip mainly for portrait oriented shots...

quite low usage as most of the time i am shooting landscape oriented shots.

dun really need the extra batteries cos the battery life for my cam is very good (can last me more then 500 shots).

Last edited: