Issuance of Payslip by companies necessary by law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 3, 2004
Hi, I'd like to ask if the issuance of a payslip at the end of every working month and stating down all details like deductions, gross salary, etc.... is required by law, for all companies.

Also, all deductions should be stated right? Be it the usual ones like CDAC or CPF contributions, or any deductions, say for misconduct or absence from work etc.....

cannot remember the legality aspect of it. but certainly proper and good hr practice to do so. if not, i cannot imagine the amt of questions from employees which are likely to bombard the hr dept. phew!

2100 said:
Hi, I'd like to ask if the issuance of a payslip at the end of every working month and stating down all details like deductions, gross salary, etc.... is required by law, for all companies.

Also, all deductions should be stated right? Be it the usual ones like CDAC or CPF contributions, or any deductions, say for misconduct or absence from work etc.....

don't think so, my company - MNC - only has e-payslips.

yup, all contributions/deductions etc should be stated

Yup, good operating practice of course.

But it's a small firm you see. Now play pattern, employee got a fully legal Medical Certificate and the boss wants to deduct salary + CPF from the gross salary.

as an employee, you have right to know what are the legal deductions which may be made against your salary. if you feel that the deduction/s in question is illegal or unjustified, consult MoM for advice.

2100 said:
Yup, good operating practice of course.

But it's a small firm you see. Now play pattern, employee got a fully legal Medical Certificate and the boss wants to deduct salary + CPF from the gross salary.

i believe such e-payslips are considered as payslips too in the age of paperless office.

knoxknocks said:
don't think so, my company - MNC - only has e-payslips.

yup, all contributions/deductions etc should be stated

Status
Not open for further replies.