Israeli Women Conscripts (Not Mine, just want to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hey all,

not sure if this is the right place for this, but just thought i share this website i came across...out of interest.... was reading some stuff on the israeli army and found this gallery on their women conscripts.

http://www.serialno3817131.com/

I don't think this really belongs here. Should me in one of the general discussion forums...

Anyway, thanks for posting... Selfish me has been enjoyin the pics for the last 3 weeks :p

looks great.

i think better fitted for landscape/travel photo gallery as "journalist/travel photography".

and in fact some looks like models....

10.jpg

agentmonkey said:
hey all,

not sure if this is the right place for this, but just thought i share this website i came across...out of interest.... was reading some stuff on the israeli army and found this gallery on their women conscripts.

http://www.serialno3817131.com/

great link! thanks!

on a more juvenile note, hot girls with guns yumm :)

regards,
inf1d3l

zoossh said:
and in fact some looks like models....

10.jpg

i'm wondering if all the girls out there are real soldiers. as you mentioned, some of them look like models. maybe they are. they don't have the looks of a soldier who have gone through some tough times. maybe i'm wrong...

but, they looked good in uniform and carrying arms. wow! :thumbsup:

As far as I know, Israel has mandatory military service (conscription refers to involuntary labour) for both Jewish men and women. There are exceptions, mostly due to practical (married, pregnant, etc) or religious reasons, although those exempt can still volunteer to serve.

Even though with these exceptions, I read before that most of their able bodied women do serve as they are very patriotic.

So basically, don't mess with them unless you want to get sawed in half with an Uzi tee hee

now if only we were all just as patriotic as them...

anyway, glad you guys like the link. actually got it from this forum, so if you guys are interested in military stuff can check out http://military.sgforums.com/

These women are all real soldiers. The photographer herself was in the army before, and if I remember correctly she was either a Yale or SVA student.
she's featured in last month's PDN too or one of the earlier issues.

PDN is Photo District News. do a google search on it. it's one of the few respectable photography magazines that actually talk about photography and photographers, instead of giving rehashed tips on how to take that perfect sunset or endless reviews of the newest sigma lens.
heh heh

nice link. thx :)

but i can't stop wondering... isn't the army grounds & barracks restricted area? can take pics & post world wide on the net? esp with ultra hi tension in the neighbouring countries... thats a tightrope to walk on, me thinks. a bit too sensitive but the girls r good looking. :thumbsup:

If she's an Isreali, even models have to serve NS...so not really surprizing that some look like models... Singapore guy models do have to serve NS too... :)

What singapore should have women serving NS like man too. Then I guess no man will be complaining! If only the females serving in the SAF are of these qualities! :bigeyes:

theRBK said:
If she's an Isreali, even models have to serve NS...so not really surprizing that some look like models... Singapore guy models do have to serve NS too... :)

nobody cares about male models! unless you like alternatives :D..haha..jk

lightning said:
What singapore should have women serving NS like man too. Then I guess no man will be complaining! If only the females serving in the SAF are of these qualities!

better be careful there man ;) ...lol..might spark off another debate/flamewar about the whole thing about girls having to serve NS....

i guess it's because nobody is really that attached to singapore....if we were, this whole issue about having to serve NS wouldn't exist at all...whether for guys or for girls... maybe if we kenna hatam one big one, then maybe we will begin to appreciate ns..but touch wood la, i hope it never falls to that...like what the old uncle aunty at the void deck say...most of us ginnahs never endure hardship before

nightpiper said:
nice link. thx :)

but i can't stop wondering... isn't the army grounds & barracks restricted area? can take pics & post world wide on the net? esp with ultra hi tension in the neighbouring countries... thats a tightrope to walk on, me thinks. a bit too sensitive but the girls r good looking. :thumbsup:

you should read the interview with the photographer...can someone do a little search and post up the name of the photographer?
she spent abit of time convincing them to let her shoot on the grounds. which is a good lesson for everyone!persistence.heh.

Wow, thanks for sharing, great series. I've always admired the strength and gumption of Israeli women [or those i've met anyway] and am a strong supporter of female conscription in Singapore.

Nice. insightful.

i am too but we all know that will never happen...probably be a great backlash as well from the very vocal female community...

Status
Not open for further replies.