Isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anson

Jul 31, 2006
ansonchew.com
www.ansonchew.com
3922187589_7912cc566e_o.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Does it present the feeling of isolation to you?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The feeling isolation from the "neglected" schoolgal from her fellow sisters

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This is a mid morning shot, I want to try something difference from my usual style of shooting.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Picture composition-wise the shot seen as "unbalanced" on the first look, after sometime the word "isolation" pop up into the mind.

Constructive criticisms & comments are welcomed...

About 3 weeks have past since I sought critique for this photo.

Be it good or bad, any comment?

Doesn't work for me. She seems detached & taking a break instead of isolated.

First time that came into my mind was how pretty this girl is despite the outfit (which doesn't appeal to me), the next thing that came to me was: how is this isolation? It just feels very "model" shot. Sorry for being so frank. This is just my few cents. Don't take it to heart.

Isolation from? Dont see any link.

3 pretty girls posing????

Sorry I am a little bit confuse.

Sorry, doesn't work for me bro...

I don't see "isolation" at all.
I assume they are all the same person, so the cloning gives it a very weird feel.

I think you were trying to potray the isolation of the girl on the right hand side right?
You only had 1 model for you to shoot and hence this photo.
I get what you mean.
:)

eh isolation seems like a pretty misfit title.. still an interesting shot tho! :)

Maybe if the "1st" & "2nd" model from the left were both happy would bring out the contrast with the "3rd" model. Maybe you can look into the placement of the subjects (probably 1st & 2nd in front, 3rd at the back), some blur and leading lines to draw the eye to the isolated 3rd model. The outfit seems a little misfit with the location for me. Lastly, the masking wasn't done properly =].

i can't help but notice the haloing around the two models on the left (or is it just me?).
and yup, like others have said, the picture doesn't link with Isolation. IMHO, i also feel that the colors are too flat.

I cant help but noticed the shadow being erased on the middle persons leg. And the slight glow that other users have spotted as well. Might want to pay more attention when merging all three photos together so that the final image would "Make sense".

I cant help but noticed the shadow being erased on the middle persons leg. And the slight glow that other users have spotted as well. Might want to pay more attention when merging all three photos together so that the final image would "Make sense".

Thank for noticing, actually the shadow is not "erased" but being "added/extend" to the photo instead. :bsmilie:

no offence, but are they the same person?
they look terribly alike.

no offence, but are they the same person?
they look terribly alike.

They are the same girl. ... the image consist of 3 images as indicated by TS. :)

Angles of shadow on the ground does not correspond to the shadow falling on the subject.
Take for instant, the middle subject.... the shadow of finger and skirt falling onto her thigh and the calfs, logically the ground shadow should be three o'clock position.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Does it present the feeling of isolation to you?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
The feeling isolation from the "neglected" schoolgal from her fellow sisters

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
This is a mid morning shot, I want to try something difference from my usual style of shooting.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Picture composition-wise the shot seen as "unbalanced" on the first look, after sometime the word "isolation" pop up into the mind.

Constructive criticisms & comments are welcomed...

1) - No it doesn't present any feeling of isolation, if you want to make it feel like she's isolated try a location devoid of background ie a flat plane or behind bars etc with a really pained and sad expression.

2) Using a triple exposure doesn't work especially with the captured body poses and expressions on the models face, see above.

3) Pay more attention to highight details, you've got some blown highlights in the shot.

4) Frankly the shot's nothing special, it's on par with a second year university photography student's work. The image suffers from poor image editing ie: The shadow angles don't line up and this sticks out like dogs Ba#ls. The picture is trite and contrived given it's title and has little relevance apart from being pop-artsy fartsy. No real substance and doesn't tell a story. On the plus side apart from the over exposure issue the general exposure levels are good and the image shows good detail. Frankly it does nothing for me.

The ang moh from hell

Status
Not open for further replies.