ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISO too high will cause more noise in the pic?

Depends on how packed the sensor is with the pixels... the higher the density, the more likely the noise will be bad. That said, they are getting better and better with each technology inprovement. ;)

i dun think its Image Stabiliser On, its International Standard Organisation.

it think he knows it. it's just meant to be a joke :bsmilie:

Guys can explain to mi wad is ISO 1600, 800 etc ??

It's the light sensitivity of the sensor.
Way back to film time, it was controlled by the material and chemical on film, which expose while contacting to light. The higher the ISO, the more sensitive to light. Of course, the "noise" will increase accordingly, as the light sensitive chemical have to react with very little light as well.

Now the "D“ era, it's a electronic light sensor that replace the film. The same physics have to apply, the higher the sensitivity, the more "noice" you'll feel. Technology can slowly improve this, but cannot change the fact.

So in wad conditions i should use higher ISO and Lower ISO?

high ISO allows you to have higher shutter speed during condition when light is not enough.. higher shutter speed will decrease chances of blur..

For me i constantly change the ISO according to the lighting conditions. For night scenes, always at 100 as the night sky will show noise more obviously at higher ISOs, example is 400.

Try more and you will know.
There're moment that you need high speed in low light, no choice, have to use high ISO.

in the common salesperson vocab, ISO = "Image Stabilizer On". especially thos in SLS or Lucky Plaza.

in the common salesperson vocab, ISO = "Image Stabilizer On". especially thos in SLS or Lucky Plaza.

Heheh... :bsmilie:
Then every digital camera have image stabilization.

Yah... the higher you "on" the ISO, the more stable your picture...

BC:bsmilie:

i remember the first time i bought my d80 and the dude from john 316 was talking to me about noise reduction intro me to the camera. my mum was like...eh this camera can record sound ah??

anyway imho, try to keep your iso as low as possible...only bump up when necessary. safe to bump up is not beyond a 1000 or at least thats my rule. haha.

most important to reduce noise is to expose the shot properly... if proper exposure is not possible with the current sensitivity, better to bump up the sensitivity then to under expose (at least for jpgs)...

most important to reduce noise is to expose the shot properly... if proper exposure is not possible with the current sensitivity, better to bump up the sensitivity then to under expose (at least for jpgs)...

Yes... pls note that a under-exposed shot actually induces more noise than a exposed shot of higher ISO.

Status
Not open for further replies.