ISO 3200 on Mk3

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenO

Dec 14, 2006
Hi All,

I know this seems like a slightly repeated thread (since my post this morning here, but just have to share my joy...:lovegrin:

Having just gotten mine last night, I'm absolutely overjoyed at the performance of this camera. I bought it mainly for the improved AF, but the ISO functionality is topping the list as the 'must-have' item.

Wanted to test my f/4 lens in a simliar 'low-light' condition; so slapped on the 24-105 and took the following shot in my lounge room (just). Only light was coming through the window (still super-overcast/grey having just rained) taken at ISO3200.

Shot Details:
shotdetails2.jpg

Full Photo (Straight from Camera No PP only Resized)
1DM30178_1.jpg

100% Crop No PP (note, this is taken from the darker region of the photo of the chair between the speaker stand and column)
CropNoPP.jpg

100% Crop PP in Noise Ninja
CropPP.jpg

What can I say, I'm still STUNNED by the performance...

Congrats!

stephen..

very clean indeed...:thumbsup:

can do us a favour pls?... do you have another canon camera? would be great if you could do the test on noise side by side so we compare the results...

tks :)

stephen..

very clean indeed...:thumbsup:

can do us a favour pls?... do you have another canon camera? would be great if you could do the test on noise side by side so we compare the results...

tks :)

Hi Willis,

Well unfortunately my 'old' body (400D) doesn't even give me that option, so it'd be a moot point.

Luckily however, someone on one of the other forums I usually frequent has already done the hard work of comparing the Mk3 against both the 5D and Mk2N. Post can be found here. Hope it helps!:angel:

try turn on the noise reduction on the camera you will see you don;t need to use Noise Ninja... ^^

wow... very clean image... :thumbsup:

No wonder it is selling so well and converting people from the N camp. Awesome speed and now the noise performance. And also the ability to calibrate your lenses.

When you compare it with the D30 6 years ago (believe it was about 4k), this is fantastic value!!

In order to prove that Mk3 is indeed superior, could you please show us a shot with the color noise reduced to 0.

I think that the images are showing a color noise reduction of 25.

In order to prove that Mk3 is indeed superior, could you please show us a shot with the color noise reduced to 0.

I think that the images are showing a color noise reduction of 25.

There is no need to prove that the Mk3 is superior; results speak for themselves. That said, I believe in proper PP to bring out the best in your photos.

IMHO, the TS is just sharing his joy with us anyways.

There is no need to prove that the Mk3 is superior; results speak for themselves. That said, I believe in proper PP to bring out the best in your photos.

IMHO, the TS is just sharing his joy with us anyways.

do PP would have overwhelming results liao. haha.. :D.. without PP is already very good liao..

Status
Not open for further replies.