Iso 160 film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Hi all! was wondering how to switch the iso setting to 160 on a Nikon f5 in order to use Portra 160. Is there a way to get it done or do I have to meter manually?

One more thing, does anyone know where to get kodak Ultra colour 100? Can't remember seeing it anywhere around..

Thanks for the quick reply. Not too sure about that as the f5 belongs to a friend. Haven't read the manual and all that. He says it can't be done but I'm quite sure it can. So what is this DX code? :what:

Stoned said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Not too sure about that as the f5 belongs to a friend. Haven't read the manual and all that. He says it can't be done but I'm quite sure it can. So what is this DX code? :what:

Look at the film cannister. See the white and black alternating squares at the side? That's the DX code. :D The camera automatically reads it to set the speed, so you don't have to worry about it. You can also set the film speed to another one of your choosing (ie you don't want to shoot the film at 160, but maybe 125 instead). You can do it too on the F5. There should be a button with ISO on it. Press it, and turn the command wheel to set the film speed of your choosing (base on my experience with my F100... I don't actually own a F5).

I simply cannot believe that the top of the line Nikon film camera cannot manually set ISO speed. :D

Great! Thats exactly what i thought too.. Thanks! You've been a big help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.