Is worth to buy wide and tele converter lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipershot

Nov 2, 2006
Pasir Ris
Hi,

i am using powershot A540.
Just wanna know if there is a difference to the picture taken using wide converter and teleconverter lens attached to the a/m camera?

I am not using SLR (hope to have one too haha), so don't really have much knowledge about the lenses.
The model of the lenses are as below:

Wide converter WC-DC52-------$169.00
TELE CONVERTER TC-DC52A----$169.00

is it woth it?
Advices please. Thank you!:)

just go for the wide if you want... A540 ain't a super zoom, even with a tele converter your end result focal length ain't even as long as a super zoom camera without any TC.

With the expensive converters, the price you paid in total for the camera and converters is enough for you to buy a decent DSLR

any third party brands below $100 ? ...looking for a wide one for my a80 too

Hi,

i am using powershot A540.
Just wanna know if there is a difference to the picture taken using wide converter and teleconverter lens attached to the a/m camera?

I am not using SLR (hope to have one too haha), so don't really have much knowledge about the lenses.
The model of the lenses are as below:

Wide converter WC-DC52-------$169.00
TELE CONVERTER TC-DC52A----$169.00

is it woth it?
Advices please. Thank you!:)

I don't think its worth it. I had an A40 ( I know..its centuries ago ) and had those converters, teleconverters and filters. I didn't really like the TC, it was troublesome when I was travelling! I upgraded to a G6 and recently a D70. Enjoying every single bit about DSLR except the complaints of my family and friends of its size :p

IMHO if you were to purchase those two, it would cost you $338, with the cost of your camera at about $450, total cost invested is already about $788, which if you top up a little more, can get you an IXUS with wide angle AND IMAGE STABLIZER. Whats worse, once Canon comes out with a newer range. Your TC and Wide Converter can't be used !

Just my 2 cents :)

if you are going to buy, remember to look for a newer camera with the same filter thread, so you can continue using even after camera upgrade.

hmm...seems like it's really not worth it.
haha...ok thank you for all your advices!

Wide and tele converter lens will degrade the photo quality. For tele, you might just need to crop the photo for the same effect as tele converter lens.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.