Is Women's Charter still relevant today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
your views pls. by the way, law society holding a discussion on the above topic tmrw at vivo city.

yes. men are always at the losing end.

sometimes its a matter of perception? :dunno:

it was set up at a time where its largely a man's world at home & at work. i cant say its totally irrelevant today but gender biased laws needs updating.

What's the point of discussing?

It is important to bring awareness on what is in Women's Charter and not be ignorant of it (etc couples who are in midst of seperation under section 69 put guys to a disadvantage).

I will have prefer that etc marriage be under a "Family Charter" than a "Women's Charter". Under Women's Charter, a few sections does not seem relevant in today's society context.

It is important to bring awareness on what is in Women's Charter and not be ignorant of it (etc couples who are in midst of seperation under section 69 put guys to a disadvantage).

I will have prefer that etc marriage be under a "Family Charter" than a "Women's Charter". Under Women's Charter, a few sections does not seem relevant in today's society context.
I totally agreed with this.

Women's Charter was set in place in the 60/70s, where back then women were mostly still not well educated nor working, thus, the Charter was put in place to protect their interest, which was kind of relevant back then.

However, time and situation had changed, I won't say that the Women Charter is totally not relevant, but certain part surely need to review for update or even remove.

On the side note, I think it's about time to have a Men's Charter also, to protect the interest of men.

I totally agreed with this.

Women's Charter was set in place in the 60/70s, where back then women were mostly still not well educated nor working, thus, the Charter was put in place to protect their interest, which was kind of relevant back then.

However, time and situation had changed, I won't say that the Women Charter is totally not relevant, but certain part surely need to review for update or even remove.

On the side note, I think it's about time to have a Men's Charter also, to protect the interest of men.

Yes I agree.

I have written this a few time. If there is a Women's Charter, why not have a Men's Charter ? Or better still, form a Family Charter and put part of the Women's charter under it.

Of course, i seriously doubt anything will change for the next few years. We have a few feminist organizations that is pushing for a change in Women's Charter (and u can guess to who's advantage).

IMHO, I feel that the Charter should be updated to match accordingly to society expectation and values, and not laid back in the 1960s.

ps. I was never interested in these Women's Charter thing until the day when i start shooting wedding and notice the marriage certification. So guys, please be fully aware of what you sign on the dot.

1. I don't think people are ignorant. On the contrary, many men feel aggrieved.

2. Unfortunately, our civil service is run by people who believe that women should not enjoy the same medical benefits as men because men are the heads of households. If so, discussion with such pig-headed people is useless, their mindset is stuck in the 60's and 70's.

There is no point in NATO.

Yes to protect woman.

in the paper, the point brought up by ellen lee, lawyer, mp is to 'camouflage' the real issue. the issue is why are women still entitled to maintenance from her ex-spouse. not whether men and women are responsible to pay maintenance for their children. red herring?

to change the name to family charter is not enough. what is important is the substance, not the form.

Nowadays women are as educated as men, some even better educated, earn more.

thats why most say in marriage, guys dug a grave, girls brought an insurance plan, should anything go wrong, the guys bury themselves in and the girls get all the inheritance...

think Woman's Charter needs to evolve into Family Charter. y le?

in a divorced case sometimes children & parents are involved. like if all living under 1 roof. den if Woman's Charter jus pro woman den nopt fare to men. den wad about kids who r still of tender age? simi charter? :thumbsd:

whoever wins kids almost always loose de... :thumbsd:

anyone got a link to the charter itself?
Google leads to many "sites" but I can't find the charter itself.

men's charter should state that men are not allowed to carry the woman's handbag

it is a sorry sight, i cringe whenever i see a man carrying a handbag
what more if it does not match his shoes

men's charter should state that men are not allowed to carry the woman's handbag

it is a sorry sight, i cringe whenever i see a man carrying a handbag
what more if it does not match his shoes
No offence. but actually, I don't find it wrong to carry a woman's handbag, especially if the handbag have too many things inside and it's getting heavy for the woman.

It takes a greater man that is secured and confident of himself that is able to help a woman with her handbag.

Here it's one link I found.

Women's Charter

Hope this helps.

thanks. glanced through it.

I strongly feel the the main part to reconsider would be "PART XI OFFENCES AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS" to "OFFENCES AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN".

Next would be "PART VIII MAINTENANCE OF WIFE AND CHILDREN" to "MAINTENANCE OF SPOUSE AND CHILDREN". Looking at the details, it's actually happening to both sexes, not just on wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.