Is Wolfgang a local Citizen ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free Agent

Oct 17, 2004
Why was Kopitiam use as a discussion title ? What is the value ?
I just want to know so that I will be able to judge whether my writing is all worth all the time !!

Pan
Regards:cool:

Citizen or Non Citizen. Does it really that matter?

I suggest you read through ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations antoher time.

3. Off-Topic (OT) posts - Please direct all posts not related to Photography to the Kopitiam forum. OT posts will be deleted or moved without noticed if posted in any other forums.

* NOTE: Although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
1. religious,
2. political,
3. racist;
in nature or can be construed as such will also be stamped out, abolished and demolished without prejudice.

what have WG citizenship gotta do with kopitiam? :dunno: :dunno:

If you are referring to why Wolfgang is so kiasi and closes any thread the moment it verves towards politics? Well cannot blame him, this is not a free country and we all know the PM watches Clubsnap. Hence I dont think anyone wants a discussion to get out of hand and the govt steps in to gun down subversives.

So as a mod it is his duty to make sure this does not happen.

Why was Kopitiam use as a discussion title ? What is the value ?
I just want to know so that I will be able to judge whether my writing is all worth all the time !!

Pan

If your writings fetch $500 per line, I'll says it worths it.

Otherwise it has not much of a vaule. :bsmilie:

My question seem simple but some take it differently .

Local or not local is important, Kopitiam is Local and letting someone not Local to say something seem not right . Because they don't know what is in a kopitiam until they visit and feel those amostphere there , in a Kopitiam it is fill with all kind of people like me , see something not right we talk there , do you think The Gov. is interested to invite you to Posh restaurant to talk Cork ?? Do you think they mind about who you are . Well well well let me tell you , things are in your hands , you determine your future , you have to think what's are right and wrong , in the meant time I share with you guys here , every issue needs information to supply the core , when we have different information this make the core better and stronger . I would like to contribute with my feeling and not to make it seem it's just another view . Is some here just too lazy and too comfortable with their life but I'm not , I think everything can be better , I'm not trying to make them look bad in front of you guys and that surely not my intention , it's just my stand of getting better with your passion.

Why say when you want to contribute you must be implying that money had to be involve ? Who feed you ? Is it yourself or Politics , come on think Singaporean .
Sion don't you talk to friends in a kopitiam with all topics ?? Do they pay you when you tell them something ?

Klose it seem that your post had make you wonder what's up .

Drudkh you then is a mess up , come on write your views don't personal attack .

Centuryegg you are good at least you and me share some views , I surely know why Wolfgang had to stop the earlier post because others may take it too politically . But my this post just want everyone to know the spirit of Kopitiam and not politics and not against the Wolfgang ."Singaporean too simple ?" Think for yourself .

Pan

Local or not local is important, Kopitiam is Local and letting someone not Local to say something seem not right . Because they don't know what is in a kopitiam until they visit and feel those amostphere there , in a Kopitiam it is fill with all kind of people like me , see something not right we talk there , do you think The Gov. is interested to invite you to Posh restaurant to talk Cork ?? Do you think they mind about who you are . Well well well let me tell you , things are in your hands , you determine your future , you have to think what's are right and wrong , in the meant time I share with you guys here , every issue needs information to supply the core , when we have different information this make the core better and stronger . I would like to contribute with my feeling and not to make it seem it's just another view . Is some here just too lazy and too comfortable with their life but I'm not , I think everything can be better , I'm not trying to make them look bad in front of you guys and that surely not my intention , it's just my stand of getting better with your passion.

Why say when you want to contribute you must be implying that money had to be involve ? Who feed you ? Is it yourself or Politics , come on think Singaporean .
Sion don't you talk to friends in a kopitiam with all topics ?? Do they pay you when you tell them something ?

Centuryegg you are good at least you and me share some views , I surely know why Wolfgang had to stop the earlier post because others may take it too politically . But my this post just want everyone to know the spirit of Kopitiam and not politics and not against the Wolfgang ."Singaporean too simple ?" Think for yourself .

Pan
got say kopitiam subforum is for locals only meh?

You are definitely free to go to a real-life Kopitiam and TCSS with your friends on whatever topic you desire, but here in ClubSNAP's Kopitiam, we have put in place rules/regulations and guidelines on certain taboo areas.

You need to understand that messages in Forums (online) are monitored and you obviously have not been woken up in the middle of the night by the authorities to answer questions about discussions that occurred in the Forums.

Therefore, please understand the limitations that we (and other online forums) have in terms of political, racist and religious postings and abide by our guidelines. Our Moderators are doing the right thing by closing off and/or removing any discussion that strays too close or openly contravenes the Terms of Use that we have set up.

Pan

Kopitiam is juz a name assigned. I tink you gotta de-link the name from the actual thing.

From what you mentioned in that above post it's stereotypical of kopitiam , it also implies stereotypical mindset that only "ah peks/ah sohs" at those tok kok about politics...etc. Are you then, a ah-pek or ah soh.

You wan to tok kok, then open a blog and post all you want loh. No will moderate. :)

How far should political topics go? Venturing it too far and risk jeopardizing clubsnap existence is certainly not worth the effort. I certainly do not wish to see it leading to court order for clubsnap to shut down because some political issue that gets blown out of hand.

I support that of the mods to shut theads that goes OT, it’s a executive decision and the mods should be allow to exercise that. Clubsnap have many others things which I m still learning from.

Tis better to b kiasi and do something , then si liao and lament for not doing anything.

Clown are you that kind ? Ps don't put your distortion to what i mean .:nono:

Darren , I had to say I obey the rules here , it's a good gesture from you . All I want to say to you is that no matter where you are if you condemn the Gov. you are done .... but if you raise an issue that concern us the Citizen then I think we might get some of them thinking . No matter what others had said about the voting and supporting it doesn't concern me , all I want is just to know how the People think and what is their take . All in all , no hard feeling and will still support Clubsnap . You guys had done something with it so let it be done there.

CYRN , I want to ask you this question , why do you spend your sweet time to post your comment ? you too are talking C**k , am i right . I'm not afraid that Thread be close or what , what is important is you , who read and think for yourself , ya I agree that the last post a bit political and starting to get no where , that's why I had say that i understand the closure . but to me it seem that you had use too much of your knowledge in explaining what's Kopitiam mean . Let me ask you this - when you ask a foreigner " do they know what's is a Kopitiam , if they know what is Kopitiam , do they understand the culture we had for our Kopitiam and when we relate a forum Kopitiam can we have digital dark coffee or copi , the answer you know it well . Lastly do you think Kopitiam will only make available for Ah- Pek and Ah -Soh , please think about it before you call them that . Our Gov. is most Ah Pek and Ah Soh .

Chiang , I think we are not talking about the Politics anymore , it's a concern not to go overboard , just that .

Pan

Hello???? This is a photography (and videography) forum, so apart from random topics, why should we talk about politics here? Unless the law/person in government in question is affecting photography (ie. copyright).

This thread deserves a lock.

"Kopitiam" is just a name. Not linked to any culture. Other forums call it "chit chat" and I've even seen one forum call it "banal talk". Hardwarezone is "Eat Drink Man Woman".

You can call it "Le Restaurant" or some posh and fancy name.

It's just a name and nothing else.

Relax Free Agent,

do be considerate and understand that as mods and owners of the forum, they are responsible for it. You, me and whoever can just come here and shout "Some political statement" and may or may not get away with it. They on the other hand definetely have to answer for it. PM's recent announcement that he reads Clubsnap can be seen as a good thing as that the govt is listening to feedback from the ground. Or it can also be seen as a warning that big brother is watching and think twice about what you say.

End of the day dont stress so much about it... if you really want unrestricted political discussion, I would say go to Young *** or SG Forums. There are no restrictions there.

Hello???? This is a photography (and videography) forum, so apart from random topics, why should we talk about politics here? Unless the law/person in government in question is affecting photography (ie. copyright).

This thread deserves a lock.

Hello???? err... this is the kopitiam forum which is meant for things OTHER than photography.

Kopitiam is local to where?

I suppose kopitiam meaning "coffee shop" is applicable to any shop selling coffee, from Alaska to South Island. Be it in a hotel of next to the makeshift toilet.

If kopitiam is refering to hokkien "coffee shop", there'll be kopitiam in Singapore, Malaysia, China and whereever else a Hokkien man opens a coffee shop.

If kopitiam is capitalised "Kopitiam", then it is the private hawker outlet, running business at quite a few places in Singapore, but will probably go regional or global soon. I did not check, but Kopitiam owner may not even be a Singapore citizen.

In any context, kopitiam is not unique, so what's the gripe about?

It is really good and important to be patriotic, but don't be blindly patriotic.

I am a Malaysian staying in Singapore.

Xray and redstone can you two see what Darren wrote here , it's done there , the thread had touches on Political . It's a clear understanding , why do you guys think Darren had spend a good effort writing ??

This will be my last post regarding Wolfgang being a local or not .. I respect Darren and Wolfgang decision and that's that. To think or not to it's just up to you , to follow the standard or not to it's up to you , to carry on talking C**k or not to it's up to you too.
I write here because I know some big shot read here and i know that they already know who I'm . I'm just a passionate Country man , I'm not someone who like to distort issue and make it mine , i'm just trying to free my mind and let's my words be read .

No matter what you explain what is Kopitiam in your most knowledgeable ways, to me a Kopitiam is being use here because it relate to somewhere we like to go - for a good coffee and talks , this place should let us feel relax and free our mind exchanging views and thoughts .

Hi Yowch , just want you to know that Kopitiam is most special in most Singaporean heart , because that is the place where we can openly talk C**k , meet friends , have our food and so on . And when you relate a business title with the Original meaning then I think it is just a Commercail name used by a company with no context with what we are talking .

Pan

CYRN , I want to ask you this question , why do you spend your sweet time to post your comment ? you too are talking C**k , am i right . I'm not afraid that Thread be close or what , what is important is you , who read and think for yourself , ya I agree that the last post a bit political and starting to get no where , that's why I had say that i understand the closure . but to me it seem that you had use too much of your knowledge in explaining what's Kopitiam mean . Let me ask you this - when you ask a foreigner " do they know what's is a Kopitiam , if they know what is Kopitiam , do they understand the culture we had for our Kopitiam and when we relate a forum Kopitiam can we have digital dark coffee or copi , the answer you know it well . Lastly do you think Kopitiam will only make available for Ah- Pek and Ah -Soh , please think about it before you call them that . Our Gov. is most Ah Pek and Ah Soh .

Pan

When you are in Rome, do as the romans do.
When you are in CS, pls read and abide the rule. :sticktong

If you are really up for such discussion, try this forum instead. You'll get all the kopitiam experts there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.