Is WIFI & Hotspots widely available in Spore??

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, all Burger Kings and Starbucks are already Wi-Fi enabled (I think by Singtel/Singnet)

Certain areas in Suntec City is enabled by Starhub.

All these places are subscription based, and based on my usage at Burger King, it costs about S$8 per 30mins of Wi-Fi time.

So, yes, Wi-Fi hotspots are widely available, and they will definitely burn your pocket.

Originally posted by chngpe01
There's 2 free spot I know and tried so far - Novena Square and United Square.
hmmm... when was the last time you tried? Because the last time I was there (sometime in November last year), free access was disabled in Novena Square, and we could only connect via Burger King (which at that time was undergoing trial and thus free).

Last tried United Square was in early Jan 03. No problem. A good spot is the food court at the table around the fish tank near the entrance of the food court. I frequent there to wait for my kid attending tution class.

For Novena Square, it was late last year quite some time already.

I believe both are under UOL hence if one is free the other should???

Cheers

Originally posted by Darren
As far as I know, all Burger Kings and Starbucks are already Wi-Fi enabled (I think by Singtel/Singnet)

Certain areas in Suntec City is enabled by Starhub.

All these places are subscription based, and based on my usage at Burger King, it costs about S$8 per 30mins of Wi-Fi time.

So, yes, Wi-Fi hotspots are widely available, and they will definitely burn your pocket.

just to add all Delifrance are also wifi enabled. They are by singtel. All u need is ur singnet or broadband login or use GRPS to get a pin.

I unerstand there are more sites coming up.

min

Status
Not open for further replies.