Is Velbon tripod good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lighty

Sep 13, 2008
I am comparing the velbon CF tripod CF 640 against the manfrotto 190cxpro4.

Both about the same weight and load compacity. Price is also quite close. manfrotto is more expensive.

Would like to know whether the Velbon CF tripod is worth getting. I like the twist lock compared to manfrotto.

http://www.velbon.co.uk/newvelbon/pages/CF640.html

Got a friend using the velbon CF 640. It is very very stable and very light. Personally i would choose velbon then manfrotto.

My Velbon CF is a great joy to use.

Ryan

Bro, what model are you using?

CARMAGNE 630. Very lightweight and great leg clamps. I got a light Markins M10 to go with it. Recently bought another Markins ( Q3T ) , even smaller , great ballhead to use.

The setup will last me a long time to come.

Ryan

CARMAGNE 630. Very lightweight and great leg clamps. I got a light Markins M10 to go with it. Recently bought another Markins ( Q3T ) , even smaller , great ballhead to use.

The setup will last me a long time to come.

Ryan

How much?

Currently using a Carmagne 540 for more than a year now. Very satisfied with its weight and sturdiness. My only gripe with my setup is I didn't buy a good ballhead. I'm now to saving up for a Markins Q3.

i am getting the Velbon CF 640 tripod. I am also going to get a 2nd hand ball head the Benro B-1 can take 12kg.

Is this setup good? Is the head as good as the Markins though amrkin can take 30kg. but i just need the head to be firm and no wobble and slide after tighting the ball like the manfrotto.

overall the weight is about 1.7 to 1.8kg with the head.

it is the photographer.. not the tripod.

oh wait, that doesn't work here.. just kidding.. :bsmilie:

do a search for velbon reviews on the net - people from other forums (international ones) sometimes do reviews so you can get an idea of what you're be gaining and missing out on..

frankly speaking, it is an ok brand. most of the high-end range of any brand tend to be alright.

How much?

Dun remember liao. I got it together with my M10, you can ask John 3:16 though.

i am getting the Velbon CF 640 tripod. I am also going to get a 2nd hand ball head the Benro B-1 can take 12kg.

Is this setup good? Is the head as good as the Markins though amrkin can take 30kg. but i just need the head to be firm and no wobble and slide after tighting the ball like the manfrotto.

overall the weight is about 1.7 to 1.8kg with the head.

The weight bearing of the ballhead already exceeds the specified weight the tripod can carry, you do not lose out in having a ballhead that carries 12kg. I have no experience on the handling characteristics of Benro ballheads.

Ryan

I love Velbon tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.