is using 3rd party batteries not very good for ur camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clearbluesky

Aug 25, 2004
hi ppl...is it more advisable to buy original batteries for use with digital camera? i've seen brands like eastgear and megapower around but don't really know much about them. anyone tried using them before? and also, is it not very good for your camera when you use such batteries, or is there no difference? thanks! :)

hmm so u're telling me not to be taken in by them huh? ;)

Unless Nokia is making cameras. I won't mind buying a third party battery as a backup.

clearbluesky said:
hi ppl...is it more advisable to buy original batteries for use with digital camera? i've seen brands like eastgear and megapower around but don't really know much about them. anyone tried using them before? and also, is it not very good for your camera when you use such batteries, or is there no difference? thanks! :)

Megapower user here (BP511 on my 300D)... No problems so far (since May)... heavy usage... so far so good...

From my own experience...bought a compatible batt from eastgear for my ixus i and it last for LESS than 20++ shots!!! w/o flash somemore...although it cost about 1/3 of the original ones but now i rather spend a bit more to avoid this again... ;(

Hmm heard from someone in CS, people bought a 3rd party longer lasting batt, but the camera blew up after some usage, maybe it is a heng suay thing?

3rd partly batteries never affected me at all, used or still own 4 cameras using 3rd party batteries, my cameras never exploded before...... :think:

I have been 2 of those for 8 months already and they are still doing fine. The shopkeeper(@sim lim) actually advised me to change the 3rd party after a year to play safe.

Hmm...how about DIY battery pack? :D

You all are lucky that there are 3rd party batteries as an option, mine only has original battery in the market, and they cost a bomb ;(

STboy said:
I have been 2 of those for 8 months already and they are still doing fine. The shopkeeper(@sim lim) actually advised me to change the 3rd party after a year to play safe.
u mean even if the battery is working perfectly fine, you're still supposed to change it after 1 year? (er...prevent explosions? :think: ) then how often are original batteries supposed to be changed anw?

Status
Not open for further replies.