is trading in my zoom lense a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, One of the lenses of my zoom lense seem to have tiny water droplets, veri veri tiny ones.... condensation i guess. I heard servicing is expensive. Is it advisable to trade in and get a new one or a good second-hand one.
My is a sigma 70-300 APO.... pls advice.. thanx... :)

nickpower said:
hi, One of the lenses of my zoom lense seem to have tiny water droplets, veri veri tiny ones.... condensation i guess. I heard servicing is expensive. Is it advisable to trade in and get a new one or a good second-hand one.

Is it still under warrenty? If yes send it in for servicing. If not, then if you are gonna sell it, think you better let the buyer know of the problem.

nickpower said:

Do you have a dry box or cabinet? Try putting it in. Some of my prime lens got fogged up pretty badly a few times when I made the mistake of pulling them out after coming in from the cold. They dry up pretty ok in the dry cabinet.

kh_drew said:
Do you have a dry box or cabinet? Try putting it in. Some of my prime lens got fogged up pretty badly a few times when I made the mistake of pulling them out after coming in from the cold. They dry up pretty ok in the dry cabinet.

U mean the fog will clear up if u put in the dry box? i dun have one.. but if i put in a tubberware box wif the slica gel or some moisture absorbing agent? will it work? If i put alot?

i have been to alot of second hand shops to ask if they can help me wash or clean the lense.. all say its not worth it.. and they dun allow me to trade in. Wanna ask if there is any way i can reduce the fog or clear it? any DIY methods? Thanx......

nickpower said:
i have been to alot of second hand shops to ask if they can help me wash or clean the lense.. all say its not worth it.. and they dun allow me to trade in. Wanna ask if there is any way i can reduce the fog or clear it? any DIY methods? Thanx......

it is lens and not lense.
see that you own a 3xi. i have a pair of minolta kit lenses - 28-80 mm (unused) and 75-300mm (used twice). if you like, i can sell them to you cheap.

iceman said:
it is lens and not lense.
see that you own a 3xi. i have a pair of minolta kit lenses - 28-80 mm (unused) and 75-300mm (used twice). if you like, i can sell them to you cheap.

O sori abt the spelling mistake.. actually i am not veri keen to buy another lens soon.... thanx for the offer......

Status
Not open for further replies.