Is Tokina The best third party lens marker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtokina

Deregistered
Jan 24, 2006
Is Tokina The best third part lens marker?

who uses tokina lens only?

is it that good?

is there any tokina lens out there that could beat nikon/canon lens in same category/range?

thanks.

:rolleyes:

tokina sigma and tamron has their good and bad lenses, none is particularly better than the others.

No lens is a good lens if the photographer is crap.

Good lenses complement a good photographer to produce good results.
Good lenses do not turn a crap photographer to produce good results.

What's the point of taking brand, technology and comparing lenses like u're buying some digital stuff?

Buy what u need and require and use it.

lens marker? got such a thing?

drtokina said:
is there any tokina lens out there that could beat nikon/canon lens in same category/range?
only in terms of price, oem lenses always the best(for pro range) if not they'll be out of business

WELL I GUESS all your comments are right.

but they are people who only beleives that tokina lens are beter thna others....
maybe they have compared certain tokina lens with other brand and tokina turns out better in the test.

:p

i think he meant 'makers'.. ;)

drtokina said:

is it that good?

thanks.

Say...if I were to tell you that Tokina was started by a group of engineers who were working for Nikon producing those famous monster sharp lens, would that change your perspective? heheh

And that is true too hor..not making that up :)

Where was that I heard dat Sigma started off reverse-engineering Canon made lens? :think:

it depend on individual lense.. not all frm a third-party brand are good.... neither the original brand manufacturer product all good lense....

i used to own a set of tokia lenses... the af 193 19-35 3.5-4.5, the atx pro 828 80-200 f2.8 and the atx pro 2 28-70 f2.6-2.8

my end assessment...the built of the tokinas are great.... i'm truely happy with that...

but only the pro2 seems to give good quality images... nice and sharp lens...with pretty ok af-speed..... and yet it seems that this lens is built more for film than for digital...i get much better photos from this on film...till now i keep it as my general film lens.... for its excellent built and image quality

the 80-200 loses out to the rest in its range in terms of image sharpness and focusing speed...and the 19-35 really lacking in image quality....

these are my general assessments for nikon mount only..

cheerios

Witness said:
i used to own a set of tokia lenses... the af 193 19-35 3.5-4.5, the atx pro 828 80-200 f2.8 and the atx pro 2 28-70 f2.6-2.8

my end assessment...the built of the tokinas are great.... i'm truely happy with that...

but only the pro2 seems to give good quality images... nice and sharp lens...with pretty ok af-speed..... and yet it seems that this lens is built more for film than for digital...i get much better photos from this on film...till now i keep it as my general film lens.... for its excellent built and image quality

the 80-200 loses out to the rest in its range in terms of image sharpness and focusing speed...and the 19-35 really lacking in image quality....

these are my general assessments for nikon mount only..

cheerios

Eh.....i had both the nikon and canon version of the 80-200.....both tack sharp......only complain is the slow slow af leh.....

drtokina said:

is it that good?

thanks.

drtokina should know tokina best.;p

jsbn said:
No lens is a good lens if the photographer is crap.

Good lenses complement a good photographer to produce good results.
Good lenses do not turn a crap photographer to produce good results.

What's the point of taking brand, technology and comparing lenses like u're buying some digital stuff?

Buy what u need and require and use it.

Bad lenses makes a good photographer produce bad results...

Its not my fault, its my lenses... next up is my camera body... :bsmilie:

zaxh81 said:
drtokina should know tokina best.;p
Ironic ain't it? :bsmilie: And DrTokina seems to had disappeared as well.... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Bad lenses makes a good photographer produce bad results...

Its not my fault, its my lenses... next up is my camera body... :bsmilie:
Get your dream lens and u can be a Good photoGrapher?

Dun everytime blame ur 7D....

witness

u r juz abot right.
agreed.

i think its time tokina start making a good lens for digital.:cool:

zaxh81

if u ask me,

i'll say its tokina over tamron and over sigma and over me at times.:sweatsm:

Carl Zeiss is about to introduce ZF, a new range of interchangeable lenses for Nikon SLR cameras, both analog and digital. ZF lenses bring the Carl Zeiss image quality to the Nikon SLR camera system.........

http://www.dcviews.com/press/Zeiss-ZF-Nikon-F.htm

So should the ZF lense be the best 3rd party lense?
Even better than Nikon prime lense.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.