Is this tripod a overkill for G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2002
www.joyfulcity.com
Hi folks,

I need to get a tripod for my upcoming photography lesson which is night photography. However, i'm in a jam now because I don't know if I should get a tripod that could possible last to my next camera or should I just get a cheap tripod now. To be used with me current cam the Canon g2

Any advice greatly appreaciated.

Current Option:-
Manfrotto 190Pro (I like the quick release) + 308RC

or

Cheaper Option:-
SLIK tripods, those below $50.

Regards.

IamJeFfy

Apr 15, 2002
get a one with quick release.
it's universal so you can attach and detach to any cameras.

hope i'm right.
cheers.

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
to use the Manfrotto 190 with the G2 will be an overkill. The 190 is meant for SLR cameras.

Jul 24, 2002
www.joyfulcity.com
I agree it looks kinda silly setting up the monfrotto tripod and than my little G2 is sitting on it :) However, I thought the monfrotto could outlast my G2 and if the DSLR falls within my budget or I strike Lottery, at least I could still use the monfrotto. However, after discussion with my friends, decided to stick with the SLIK tripods for the lighter weight so I can use it when travelling.

Pandora

May 15, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by joyfulcity
However, after discussion with my friends, decided to stick with the SLIK tripods for the lighter weight so I can use it when travelling.
- Off topic -
Yeah, the weight of the Manfrotto kills. After carrying it around for more than 8 hours (walked around town after photo shoot!!) yesterday, my shoulder is now bruised and painful ... :cry:

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Pandora

- Off topic -
Yeah, the weight of the Manfrotto kills. After carrying it around for more than 8 hours (walked around town after photo shoot!!) yesterday, my shoulder is now bruised and painful ... :cry:
- Off topic also (sorry joyfulcity)-

are u using the 055??

Jul 24, 2002
www.joyfulcity.com
Thanks for all the replies, I've got the Slik U9000@S$65, abit on the heavy side, but still not too bad, I brought it along with me when I went for my Batam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom