Is this the best alternative to buying a 60mm f/2.8 Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiener

Apr 30, 2004
Alexandra Village
Hi guys,need some advice on the information below.Its about AF Kenko Macro Extension Tube 36 f/D70.Wonder if its reliable.Any one has got and info or experience to share?What are the draw backs?Thanks in advance.

1. Highest macro ability: Using with any lenses, it can achieve life size 1:1 macro (or close-up) or higher magnification ratio. I have tested it with a 50mm f1.8 standard lens. It turns lens extremely close up to subject with sharp image and more than life size reproduction. The minimum focus distance of the 50mm lens is originally 0.6 meter (23 in). By using one 21mm tube, it can close focus down to 3-4 cm (1.5 inch)! The longer the tube and the short the lens is, the closer to the subject you can get. Macro or close-up photography is another wonderful world of photography. Please see some example close-up photos I took by using extension tubes with very regular lenses.

stiener said:
Hi guys,need some advice on the information below.Its about AF Kenko Macro Extension Tube 36 f/D70.Wonder if its reliable.Any one has got and info or experience to share?What are the draw backs?Thanks in advance.

1. Highest macro ability: Using with any lenses, it can achieve life size 1:1 macro (or close-up) or higher magnification ratio. I have tested it with a 50mm f1.8 standard lens. It turns lens extremely close up to subject with sharp image and more than life size reproduction. The minimum focus distance of the 50mm lens is originally 0.6 meter (23 in). By using one 21mm tube, it can close focus down to 3-4 cm (1.5 inch)! The longer the tube and the short the lens is, the closer to the subject you can get. Macro or close-up photography is another wonderful world of photography. Please see some example close-up photos I took by using extension tubes with very regular lenses.
Hi,

It really depends on what you want to shoot. If you want to shoot still-life, an extension tube might do the trick, but if you want to shoot insects etc., you would want to go for a dedicated macro lens with a long focal length so it gives you more working distance to the subject.

Regards,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.