is this sensor dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
hi i have a eos 350D
and i have nvr taken out my lens before not once.(only time was when i got the cam nd to mount lens)
i am not sure if this is dust but it looks like it.
the higer the aperature the more visible the spot is.
thks

img5761largelm7.jpg

F 5.6

img5765largegn0.jpg

F 25

don get panic... your sensor is very clean already... way cleaner than mine. :cry:

it appears veri visible in my landscape shots and macros. :(
so is it dust? still under warenty can bring down to canon?
it was strange. it just appeared out of no where...

its dust, and nothing to panic about... you can either send it back for cleaning (probably a fee) or you can get a visible dust brush to clean it, or blower to blow it off, or sticky tape to remove it. search the forum for more details.

it appears veri visible in my landscape shots and macros. :(
so is it dust? still under warenty can bring down to canon?
it was strange. it just appeared out of no where...
yes most probably dust... mine is way dirtier than yours, but again I usually don go above f16 thus not very visible on most shots

hmm... my camera still quite new like 5 months old
and nvr take out lens before. so much dust can go in meh?

dun think you bought your cam that time is at a Clean Room Environment... neither do i think that you will change your lens in a clean room...

Though sticker tape will damage the sensor.

so will sensor cleaning help?
or could this be dust on the lens?

so will sensor cleaning help?
or could this be dust on the lens?

dust on lens won't be visible, cos anything on the lens, unless very prominent on the rear lens, is not visible cos of the minimum focusing. put a finger in the front of your lens and see, then u think, will a small dust be visible?

anyway, send for cleaning, you will still get it later, cos dust can also get in from the side, as the bodies are not dust proof as well.

aww crap...:(
so u guys live wif this problem?

if you can live with this problem... you probably get away the olympus(much lower chances, tho still possible), film SLR or PnS...

get olympus lor. If you don't change lens, I am pretty sure an oly DSLR cam stay dust free for a VERY LONG time.

get olympus lor. If you don't change lens, I am pretty sure an oly DSLR cam stay dust free for a VERY LONG time.

olympus the sonic wave thingy right? canon 400d too i guess?
very long is how long? mine last since the day i bought it till now(5-6months):cry:

olympus the sonic wave thingy right? canon 400d too i guess?
very long is how long? mine last since the day i bought it till now(5-6months):cry:
have read around, they did a test on the dust removal mech, OLY was the best compared to 400D and A100 dust removal systems...

yr camera and kit lens are not weathered sealed so it is possible for dust to get in. especially so if you are shooting in dusty enviroment.

just get a blower (clean one) and blow the dust off. canon will charge you S$21 for cleaning. warranty do not include sensor cleaning. i sent mine in for cleaning as the dust was stuborn and cannot be blown off.

however, like most had said, dont need to panic, can just clone off in ps.

my dust specs bigger than your dust specs.
All my shots had those spots (more when uncropped); spoilt my whole shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.