Is this price for the KM RC1000S remote shutter release ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be ok...

In Sydney, people pay A$99 for it.

Hart

dr34mc4st3r said:
got it yesterday evening...can't believe a relatively basic remote like this can cost quite a bit, haha

my sony remote cost even more... and just to console u abit.. my 1000L is about 70 bucks or more...

If it's the same as what I thought it is, it's the same cord for the 800si and Dyax 7?

What I did was to grab the audio cable from the CD drive to the PC sound card (should be cheap and chips in Singapore), saw off one hole, and that's it. I even soldered a switch onto it but the cables were too thin.

Matt

st11x said:
If it's the same as what I thought it is, it's the same cord for the 800si and Dyax 7?

What I did was to grab the audio cable from the CD drive to the PC sound card (should be cheap and chips in Singapore), saw off one hole, and that's it. I even soldered a switch onto it but the cables were too thin.

Matt

Interesting: how did you trigger the camera? What switch did you use? Sounds like the cost is no more than S$10.

obrag said:
Interesting: how did you trigger the camera? What switch did you use? Sounds like the cost is no more than S$10.

You don't really need the switch. I managed to find the cable lying somewhere, so that's free. Otherwise, that alone would have cost me 5 bucks.

Anyway, if it's the same, there should be 3 pins.

Pin A - Pin B - Pin C

Suppose you don't have a switch, touch the wires connecting A and B together, you will get a shuttle release.

If you touch B and C or A and B, it will focus. I don't have use for this.

I bought a 2 way rocker switch, but it was too bulky and the solder fell off because the wires were too thin.

I used it recently at the fireworks display, it was heaven sent!

Interesting. Do u have the pin/wiring diagram for the switch?

jsbn said:
I remember someone posted the diagram in here before.

jsbn said:

No I don't have the wiring diagram, but I don't think you'll need it.

Go to Sim Lim Tower and buy a 2 way rocker switch. The kind that has off in the middle, and up/down. The ones with holes in the contact points on the switch will allow you to "tie" the cable on the switch for you to test before you solder.

My advice is to forget about the switch. Also forget about wiring up the focus thing (Pin B). Tapping the wires together to fire the shutter is all you need.

Hmm... will try it over the weekends. Almost succumbed to the temptation of getting a remote for the fireworks juz now when I stepped into CP. Had to keep talking and psycho-ing myself, "The remote is not worth $50... The remote is not worth $50..."

:bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Hmm... will try it over the weekends. Almost succumbed to the temptation of getting a remote for the fireworks juz now when I stepped into CP. Had to keep talking and psycho-ing myself, "The remote is not worth $50... The remote is not worth $50..."

:bsmilie:
come, fall into temptation :p

U got ur remote? :D

Anyway now dat u'd upped the thread for me, reminded me that I haven't got down making my remote yet.

Honestly for a simple close-circuit thing, I dun really wish to spend $50+ on it. :think:

jsbn said:
Thnx to st11x for giving me the inspiration to do it. :)

Hey, good on ya. Nice instructions with pictures. Hmm ... P1 & P3 works for me to fire the shutter, maybe that has changed.

Feels better isn't it? Smaller and lighter, easier to use and carry abouts.

Its quite strange actually, when no CF is inserted in my 5D connecting P1 & P3 works. But it refuses to fire the shutter (no CF, naturally). But when a CF is inserted all 3 pins need to be shorted in order to fire the shutter... :think:

Hmm....

st11x said:
Hey, good on ya. Nice instructions with pictures. Hmm ... P1 & P3 works for me to fire the shutter, maybe that has changed.

Feels better isn't it? Smaller and lighter, easier to use and carry abouts.
Usually Sulhan will join discussion and advise his experience in DIY remocon.

his advise was be carefull... there will be case where the pins will bent or something due to it is not really fits...

following sulhan's advice...
I bought yesterday $30 2nd hand...
the long one maybe around 60 something...
which i dont want it.. to long.. cannot fit my bag.

after this i will probably cut the wire anyway... and do DIY from there...

The shorter one is really short huh? And after last year's crazy buying and after the horror of spending $60 for a Canon wired remote I really start to ask myself on spending $50 - $60 on a simple circuit switch (dun take lens or other accessories since they involve batteries or glass and the possibly of zapping the entire camera is very high).

But still exercise due caution. I put the switch in a film canister for the time being. Since it was a rush job, no time to actually sit there, solder & find things to cut swee-swee. Will post some pictures of it tonight. :)

here is one i did yesterday. A quick 30mins job. (solder, heat sleeve and switch)
now the original rc cable will be spare at home while this will be in my bag.
tested, swing and drop many time...no heart pain!

RC.jpg

eh not bad leh. can you lock the shutter button? ie press down and lock it so that you don't have to keep your finger on it for bulb exposures?

you should make a bunch of them and sell man.

Status
Not open for further replies.