Between a pro camera and a prosumer camera on taking Potraits....... ,

1. Bad Photographer + Pro camera + Photoshop skill = ??? :dunno:
2. Average Photographer + Prosumer camera + photoshop skill = Nice Pic

3. Pro photographer + Pro camera = Wonderful Pic
4. Pro photographer + Pro camera + Photoshop skill = Heavenly Pic

5. Pro photogapher + Prosumer camera + Photoshop skill = Wonderful Pic

If statement 5 is true.....

Then,
Pro photographer + Pro camera = Pro photographer + Prosumer camera + Photoshop skill

So,
Pro photographer + Prosumer Camera + Photoshop skill can go for a photoshoot outing with a model without all those heavy equipment:bsmilie:

The model will get spooked rite ?:sweat:

I hope I am not too confusing....

er.. i like to think of photography as an art.. so kinda difficult to use equations to calculate this sort of thing.. but basically yeah, a gd photographer can shoot portraits with a prosumer (and it wldnt reali have to be heavy equipment wif a d/slr as well.. mayb a 50mm f1.7?)..

.. but it wldnt hurt to have some help though :bsmilie:

you make everything sounds like maths and that spooks me out. :rolleyes:
my take is how pro/big/expensive your camera is does not equate to how good you are.

Sry to make it sound so mathematical.... photography is art to me too..but i am just curious if any photographer will bring small units to an important shoot.....sry bout the confusion

Happen to chance upon this thread. My take is this - Treat the camera as an medium and therefore does not equate to the skill level of the photographer. In terms of the right medium, a good photographer will know what is best to deliver the best - be it for himself/herself or the client.

As for the photographer's skill, too many factors have to be taken into consideration when judging on the pictures and therefore, no equation can and should be used to qualify that. But a diligent student in the art of photography will always push his/her own limit to achieve the perfection and direction he/she is seeking.

junggernauth said:

Then,
Pro photographer + Pro camera = Pro photographer + Prosumer camera + Photoshop skill

So,
Pro photographer + Prosumer Camera + Photoshop skill can go for a photoshoot outing with a model without all those heavy equipment:bsmilie:

You forgot one category.

Good (note I did not say "pro") photographer + ordinary camera + zero PS skills => Heaven-can-wait results.

You go figure that out.

You make is sound like:

NO STUDY = FAIL
STUDY = NO FAIL

STUDY + NO STUDY = NO FAIL + FAIL
STUDY (1 + NO) = FAIL (NO + 1)

Hence, STUDY = FAIL
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

How's this equation then?

pro shooter + camera = good photo
pro shooter + no camera = no photo

:sweat:

junggernauth said:
Sry to make it sound so mathematical.... photography is art to me too..but i am just curious if any photographer will bring small units to an important shoot.....sry bout the confusion
Alamak... Photography is an art like some of the guys mentioned, not alegebra or trigonometry. :S

IMHO, you can still take good photos with a simple P&S compact - I mean why not? As long you can visualize it and how you actually frame or compose the photo (and of course be at the right place at the right time at the right moment lah), I think it is possible to take a Pulitzer prize winning photo with just a simple P&S.

If you look at it in another way, people with the best tools, best PS software doesn't mean they produce excellent photos.

Just my two cents worth.

Peace,
-Michelle- :p

junggernauth said:
Between a pro camera and a prosumer camera on taking Potraits....... ,

2. Average Photographer + Prosumer camera + photoshop skill = Nice Pic

3. Pro photographer + Pro camera = Wonderful Pic
4. Pro photographer + Pro camera + Photoshop skill = Heavenly Pic

Then,

So,

The model will get spooked rite ?:sweat:

I hope I am not too confusing....

When photography become a math trick question?:dunno: :sweatsm:

junggernauth said:

IMO, ....

Bad Photographer + Pro camera + Photoshop skill = good, and a lot of time wasted.....

Pro photogapher + Prosumer camera + Photoshop skill = it takes even more time and effort to become a pro photographer + a pro DI artist...

No. of combination = 4X4X2 = 32
(pro, ave, poor, no photographer) => 4 choices
(pro, prosumer, P&S, no camera) => 4 choices
(PS, no PS) => 2 choices (want to consider diff level of PS skills???)
BUT, each combination can still have diff level of chances to produce
No pic, poor pic, ave pic, good pic, wonderful pic, and heavenly pic.

I would like to see those terms used in the following manners
"pro photographer" as someone who has the technical skill in photography and one who knows how to appropriately utilise the element of nature and situation.
"Pro equipment" increases the boundary of photographic variation and quality
"photoshop skill" is for enhancing what is already captured in the picture.
So by knowing the skills, understanding your equipment's strength and limitation and appropriate enhancement, the picture will turn out from good-wonderful-heavenly pic
Lacking in any of the three just limit want kind of pic you can get/produce.
my $0.02 worth comments

Wah, your equation is quite confusing leh.... :sweat:

I believe in minimal editting for my pics. I don't put in special effects. Also no Photoshop or fancy photo editting software.... :sweat:

Only do stuff like gamma, saturation, contrast, sharpen, resampling/cropping adjustments. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.