Is this part of the island accessible?

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
Does anyone know whether the plot of land above Yishun ave 6 is accessible? Is it a restricted area?

temp.jpg

That area looks like where the foreign workers' quarters are located, not restricted (if so it would be greyed out by google maps)
It does look rather ordered, trails and man-made ponds?

I also thought the road going straight from Ave 1 (instead of turning left to Ave 6) was closed ... seems like I'm mistaken
Lovers haunt if I recall correctly ;p

I believe it is accessible. provided u have a car . Think there was a fishing "pond" there and also a chinese temple within the area

That area looks like where the foreign workers' quarters are located, not restricted (if so it would be greyed out by google maps)
It does look rather ordered, trails and man-made ponds?

I also thought the road going straight from Ave 1 (instead of turning left to Ave 6) was closed ... seems like I'm mistaken
Lovers haunt if I recall correctly ;p

Really? haha... I just feel that it might be a nice place for some landscape shoots... but I won't know till I get there. :sweat:

I believe it is accessible. provided u have a car . Think there was a fishing "pond" there and also a chinese temple within the area

Ok thanks :)

(if so it would be greyed out by google maps)

not true....satelite map shows everything...when not covered by cloud...including army camps!

u can see north korea too =)

beware of ghost

not true....satelite map shows everything...when not covered by cloud...including army camps!

u can see north korea too =)

Hey you're right, i can see Pulau Sudong's airstrip!
I could have sworn I've seen greyed out areas before :confused:

was there. this area is called khatib bongsu. a fishing pond deep inside. with mangrove swamps. now, cannot be sure if it is still open to public. some time ago, heard news that MOD will be taking over the area. any updates, if it is still open to public now? tks.

it's a military training area, was there for exercise last yr. gate is locked and manned during exercise. there's holes in the perimeter fencing that anglers sneak through with their bicycles. i don't think you'll be able to drive in or hike to the coast, way too far and the commando mozzies will get you too. it does have a very nice sunset though.

Thanks guys for the replies... guess we've another more scenic part of the island being taken over, again...