is this okay (dry cabinet) ?

Odyssey-Boy

Oct 19, 2009
I just bought a dry cabinet to place my Canon 550D and lens + flash etc.

Can I place my fungus Olympus Trip film camera into the dry cabinet as well ? Will it affect the rest of the other cameras like my DSLR ?

Unless it's full of fungi growth already, it should be ok to put together.

Unless it's full of fungi growth already, it should be ok to put together.

I'm afraid that the fungi would spread. My 550D is on the 2nd level while my RF is on the last bottom levell

sorry bro, dont mind i lend ur topic abt dry cabinet also. if i buy my dry cabinet today den put my dslr in after tat i left for work til next day morning. will it be ok. From what i know if i buy analog cabinet the starting few counts must manual adjust. I need to confirm this. Thank you.

I'm afraid that the fungi would spread. My 550D is on the 2nd level while my RF is on the last bottom levell

Is fungi contagious:dunno:?

Cheers:)

sorry bro, dont mind i lend ur topic abt dry cabinet also. if i buy my dry cabinet today den put my dslr in after tat i left for work til next day morning. will it be ok. From what i know if i buy analog cabinet the starting few counts must manual adjust. I need to confirm this. Thank you.

it's recommended to let the dry cabinet adjusts the RH to 40-50 before you put your DSLR..

Just don't put them together and nothing much should happen.

Ok. Thank for clarifying. How long would it take to do tat adjustment.

I do agree that it is recommended as suggested by fellow CSer. However, it is not practical... you know why? every time you open the door; the RH will shoot up, depending upon how long you need to keep the door open. So you will end up with chicken and egg problem!!

No worries so much about RH, few hours in higher RH will not kill your camera. How you control RH when you do shooting outdoor? worst in rainy day!!

At the worst case, your dry cabi RH will be similar to Outdoor RH, right?

So don't worry too much. for long term storage, 45-50% RH is recommended.

regarding your original question, already fungi infected.... better keep it separately.

Last edited:
I'll removed the fungi infected cameras out of my cabinet... but will 1 day affect my DSLR ??

I'll advice to avoid putting them together in the same dry cabi. Seperate them would be the best choice.
Better to be safe than sorry. ;)

I'll advice to avoid putting them together in the same dry cabi. Seperate them would be the best choice.
Better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Yeap, agreed. So i removed my antique RFs out today.. Bryson, u using drybox right ? does it comes with a hydrometer ?

Oh how the level of English has deteriorated! It's not lend, it's borrow. If you lend him, means you started this thread and you asked the question initially about the dry cabinet.

Different words convey different meanings. :(

Back to your question. I was recommended to let the dry cabinet to settle down for 1 day. As such, it means let it run for a whole day before putting anything in first. Also, location where you place the dry cabinet also matters. Should be farthest away from the sun, especially during the day, because the sun may just bake it!

The recommend RH (Relative Humidity) is between 45% and 55%. Also note if you switch on the a/c in your room all day.

If you have any other queries, just ask.

Cheers!

I'll removed the fungi infected cameras out of my cabinet... but will 1 day affect my DSLR ??

*PUT ON ENGLISH TEACHER's HAT* It's "I'll remove" .. but how will you remove it? Will you send your affected camera for cleaning?

*TAKE OFF ENGLISH TEACHER's HAT*

Back to your question if whether 1 day your dSLR will be affected by fungus ... Truthfully, hope there are no fungus spores lying around dormant in your dry cabinet.

Cheers!

I just bought a dry cabinet to place my Canon 550D and lens + flash etc.

Can I place my fungus Olympus Trip film camera into the dry cabinet as well ? Will it affect the rest of the other cameras like my DSLR ?

sorry, what cameras do you have?

do any of them have fungus?

do you also have a flash?

jokes aside, try not to place fungus items next to each other. no one has any conclusive evidence on this, mainly because no one is willing to try their luck i guess... along with the fact that if you have been placing your equipment in dry cabinet, there should be no subsequent fungal growth.

but it's better to be safe than sorry, right?