Is this marco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchhoonngg

Mar 16, 2006
East
Hi! i'm new here. and seriously i dont know what thread title to put. sorry!
Erm. Yeah, so just give me some pointers to improve myself. Thanks!
Its resized for easy viewing,
i used..
350D with the 18-55mm lens
Focal length at 55mm
1/1000sec - F/8
Iso1600

Thanks for viewing!

doesthislookweird.jpg

i doubt this is macro.. and you dont have to use such high ISO for daylight shots.. ISO 100 should be enough.. yup..

Right, but i wanted to capture the droplet coming down from the step. =|

ohhh.. that would be rather difficult if u are using the stock lens.. should consider getting a lens if u are into macro shots.. all the best!:)

definately not a macro shot

Now for some C&C

If your intention is to have a picture of the water drops from the step.

I would suggest going closer and to the side, using flash can also stop action.
frame away any items that does not add interest to your image.

Go back and try the shot again to learn

Hmm. wont flashing spoil the mood of the enviroment.?
sorry. still new. : )

cchhoonngg said:
adjust the flash output to fill in the shadows while exposing for the ambient light.
only if you try then you will know the results

these are just from my imagination.
every scene is different and require different techniques to achieve what the photographer wants

but most important is to have fun doing it! :)

ortega said:
adjust the flash output to fill in the shadows while exposing for the ambient light.
only if you try then you will know the results

these are just from my imagination.
every scene is different and require different techniques to achieve what the photographer wants

but most important is to have fun doing it! :)
the pro has spoken;)

cchhoonngg said:
this is not macro for sure.

the flash can also add sparkle and glitter inside the water drops to make them 'glistening'.
High ISO is fine in this case becos the noise doesn't really show in the picture. i wun have known if it wasn't brought to my attention.

To make this into a 'macro' shot and with your idea of freezing the drops in mind. Go in closer to the steps where the water is dropping and shoot that instead of the scene as a whole. The macro subject will be more clearly defined then.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using kit lens. Don't be in a hurry to get something 'better' when you don't know what is 'not good' about the kit lens. I know of one hobbyist/part time freelance that used the kit lens and produced wonderful pictures.

High ISO is fine in this case becos the noise doesn't really show in the picture. i wun have known if it wasn't brought to my attention.

Yep, the 350D's CMOS sensor is very good with noise control. :thumbsup:

ehm, before we discuss if this is macro and how you can improve the shot, could you share with us what the heck you were focusing on and what you intended to show in this photo?

yanyewkay said:
this is not macro for sure.

the flash can also add sparkle and glitter inside the water drops to make them 'glistening'.

To make this into a 'macro' shot and with your idea of freezing the drops in mind. Go in closer to the steps where the water is dropping and shoot that instead of the scene as a whole. The macro subject will be more clearly defined then.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using kit lens. Don't be in a hurry to get something 'better' when you don't know what is 'not good' about the kit lens. I know of one hobbyist/part time freelance that used the kit lens and produced wonderful pictures.

Thanks so much for ur tips :)
definately not going to buy any lens until i know more about photography first :)

Michael said:
ehm, before we discuss if this is macro and how you can improve the shot, could you share with us what the heck you were focusing on and what you intended to show in this photo?

Hey there, sorry if my picture is a eyesore to u. I believe better command of english could help in interaction between us :)
what the heck i am focusing on is on the plant. and also trying to make the water freeze.
SO sorry huh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.