Status
Not open for further replies.

guoliang

Dec 26, 2006
491211886_4f7d1d6eaa.jpg

Comments please... is this normal??

nope... this is my dry box...

in swimming pool?? what do you mean??

looks a little high there, could try turning the knob towards the "drier" side?

if u open n close the dri cabi quite a bit give it some time to dehumidify the air, it's not instantaneous!

its a DRY BOX!!!!!

I don't think it is normal.

nope... this is my dry box...

in swimming pool?? what do you mean??

the inside of ur dry cabinet is way to moist for ur lenses and cameras liao... depending on the brand, u shld be looking ard bet 40-50% humidity levels.

so what should I do?? I also dump a dehumilfier inside...

get a separate gyrometer?

huh.....???

Er... did you leave the power on? i'm not joking but my Nephew bought a dricabinet, turn the power on, when the humidity reach 50%, he switch it off. Den he ask me how come his drycabinet cannot remain at 50%. :faint:

people!!! it is a DRY BOX!!!!!! from I-case!!!

Dude, I know that, I'm using it.

GIVE THE DEHUMIDIFIER TIME. It is not immediate. If you have left the dehumdifier there for some time and it's still that way, then something's wrong with your hygrometer, simple as that.

It's not instant. Are you using a Hungry Hippo style one? To keep around the recommended range, based on what people say here, ~40-50%, just open up the metallic sealing halfway, that would keep it around there. If you open it up all the way you'd eventually reach below 40% levels, which is too dry. =)

sorry, I guess people are 'pulling your legs' - figurative speech. Your cabinet should be kept at about 40-50% humidity. Yes, leave the power supply on. It is true what they said, if you open the door the humidity will go up and will slowly drop to your preset point when you close the door back. It will not drop instantly. Stay cool man!

Dude, I know that, I'm using it.

GIVE THE DEHUMIDIFIER TIME. It is not immediate. If you have left the dehumdifier there for some time and it's still that way, then something's wrong with your hygrometer, simple as that.

It's not instant. Are you using a Hungry Hippo style one? To keep around the recommended range, based on what people say here, ~40-50%, just open up the metallic sealing halfway, that would keep it around there. If you open it up all the way you'd eventually reach below 40% levels, which is too dry. =)

I not stating that you don't know that... if you read the post... people still keep saying dry cabi!! argh!!!

I not stating that you don't know that... if you read the post... people still keep saying dry cabi!! argh!!!
for goodness sake... ppl here are trying to tell u that your DRY BOX or DRY CABINET or DRY WHATEVER is too humid (wet, too much moisture etc). if u leave the DRY BOX or DRY CABINET or DRY WHATEVER's door open, give it sometime to absorb the moisture inside it. it should remains between 40-50% for optimum result.

got it now?

em... this is the results after 3hrs... get it?

of coz i also know it take times to moist... but 3hrs?

see if the readings drops the next day... it could be your strap or gears that are too moist (possibily due to sweat or wet weather). alternatively, get a cheap hydrometer (portable kind) to see if the reading is similar to the one that you took.

last resort, if the readings still don't go down, change the cabinet / box / whatever.

note: make sure the power supply is connected up (if there is any) or silica gel is still blue in colour (if there is any again).

also, u just ask for comments... nvr states that the readings is 3 hrs later etc... so how u expect ppl to give u more info?

Was trying to joke to calm you down.

Fact of life/ Public Service Announcement: people don't read! =D

After 3 hours? Whenever I dump my camera into the dry box after a shoot it rises up to 60 easily 70.. Is your camera inside?

Leave it till the next day, fungus doesn't grow in one day.

If it's still like that, and you're sure that the problem lies not with the box, and it's new, it means the hygrometer is spoilt. Hungry Hippo works! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.