Is this humidity reading normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i have heard, the dehumidifiers like thirsty hippo etc contain chemicals that may .. or may not damage your equipment in the long run.
Thirsty hippo will absorb moisture and keep it in form of liquid. If somehow it spilled out, it can create a problem. Electronics and liquid doesn't mix.

Regards,
Arto.

your dry box may need to replace or put in some new silica .That's causing your humudity to get wet (at that rate shown in your pic).you can buy it at some DIY shops or best at photography shops.In fact there's one i bought at a DIY store ,a silica pouch costs around 10$,and you can use it several times,just heat it inside a microwave in case the silica (blue label indicator)turns pink in colour.

your dry box may need to replace or put in some new silica .That's causing your humudity to get wet (at that rate shown in your pic).you can buy it at some DIY shops or best at photography shops.In fact there's one i bought at a DIY store ,a silica pouch costs around 10$,and you can use it several times,just heat it inside a microwave in case the silica (blue label indicator)turns pink in colour.

There is an eletric version where you just plug into the power socket to recharge it. cost ard $17 i think. (cant rem how much i bought it) I use that in my "Quarantine dry box" before putting my gears into the main dry cabinet.

491211886_4f7d1d6eaa.jpg

Comments please... is this normal??

Hi Guoliang,

The reading is high because this particular box is not air-tight. (I have this box too free gift with dry-cabi) So after a while the humidity will creep up again.

While the plastic finish is not particularly smooth where the o-ring seats, I think it is ok here. However, the hydrometer is attached to the box without any air-tight sealing.

I think this is where moisture leaks back into the box. I would suggest that you remove the 2 screws at the back, remove the hygrometer and then then apply silicone to where it contacts with the box to make it air-tight.

There is an eletric version where you just plug into the power socket to recharge it. cost ard $17 i think. (cant rem how much i bought it) I use that in my "Quarantine dry box" before putting my gears into the main dry cabinet.

You should use an electronically heated silica gel. I am able to reduce the humidity to between 40-50%. Good luck!

I take out the hygrometer from the free box that came with the digi-cabi and put it in the dry cabi. but now the problem is the reading from the digi-cabi meter is 46 and the drybox meter show 52...Now who to trust???

Yes indeed,you can use it also. Practical coz it's rechargeable too....But i'm not use if it's safe for cameras,coz it has static charge in it that might cause slight to moderate damage to ur gear.Coz they're (DSLR's) very sensitive to charges unlike manual ones.Wat u think? Just an opinion,correct me if i'm wrong...

Where do you get it? Looking for it for quite some time. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.