Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi,

Is Canon EOS 350D good?

Please give me advices....

Thanks... :D

My simple answer to you. It is a good cam. The photographer must be good also in order to deliver good photos.

Any cam (Even a PnS) that can deliver good pictures is a good cam.
The camera is ONLY as good as the person pressing the shutter and/or behind the viewfinder to deliver them. ;)

Starting camera, 1st DSLR, it'll be good enough.................for the meantime. :devil:

Any cam (Even a PnS) that can deliver good pictures is a good cam.
The camera is ONLY as good as the person pressing the shutter and/or behind the viewfinder to deliver them. ;)

Starting camera, 1st DSLR, it'll be good enough.................for the meantime. :devil:

fully agree...

I agree too..

Btw, anyone have any idea around how much is it selling at Alan Photo?

y not go ahead with 400D? wat's the difference between these two cameras in terms of pix quality and exposure problems?

I agree too..

Btw, anyone have any idea around how much is it selling at Alan Photo?

Maybe you can call them...

CP-1: Cathay Photo, #01-11/14 Peninsula Plaza (Main) Tel: 6337-4274 email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-2: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Printer Section) Tel: 6338-7783 email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-3: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Tripod Section) Tel: 6338-0451 email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-M: Cathay Photo, # 02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard Tel: 6339-6188 email@cathayphoto.com.sg
MS: MS Color, Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501CTel: 6457-6380 sales@mscolor.com.sg, with e-Quote
TK: T.K. Foto Technic, 100 Beach Rd, #02-45 Shaw Towers Tel: 6292-8167 sales@tkfoto.com.sg
LC: Lord Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza Tel: 6235-4605 lordscom@singnet.com.sg
JO: John 3:16, #05-37 Funan Digitalife Mall Tel: 6337-2877 / 6337-1897 richardgan@pacific.net.sg
TCW: The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street #01-31 Tel: 6336-1956 / 6336-7808 tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
AP-F: Alan Photo, #05-20 Funan Digitalife Mall Tel: 6883-0922 alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-S: Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square, Tel: 6336-0922 alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
PA: Parisilk, Holland Tel: 6466-6002
OP: Orient Photo, #06-31/53 Sim Lim Square, Tel: 63391035 sales@orientfoto.com.sg

I am a 350D user, so far the cam serve me well. It is the lens investment u need to take care too.

Unless you are really really pro, then this is not the cam u need.... else should be good enough for start...

Enjoy shooting!

:)

I am a 350D user, so far the cam serve me well. It is the lens investment u need to take care too.

Unless you are really really pro, then this is not the cam u need.... else should be good enough for start...

Enjoy shooting!

:)

This is really a good advice..
I actually have Canon S5 IS. But it cannot change the lens.
That's y I'm thinking of getting 350D or 400..
I'm not really pro.. Just love to take good scenery...
Do you think Canon S5 IS is enough for me?

if you're only after a wider lens, then try considering getting a wide angle converter..
Jumping on to the DSLR bandwagon is a mistake all of us here at CS has seen once too many...
Besides, your S5 IS is still new right? Make use of this time to learn more about photography, esp about Shutter speed ISO Aperture, Etc. Make full use of your cam's manual controls.

Alright... No Prob..
Thanks for your advice.

By the way, I saw some lens from ebay.
But not sure if it is good...

The brands are..

1) Raynox 2.2X Telephoto lens
2) Tokina 3X Telephoto Lens
3) Digital Optics 0.42X Wide Angle Lens with Micro Lens
4) Opteka 3.2X Telephoto Lens

Never heard of all this brand before..
Please advice me..
By the way, thank you guys for guiding me... :D

Alright... No Prob..
Thanks for your advice.

The brands are..

Please advice me..

woah, erm............i think it's better to stick to the normal brands like canon, sigma, tamron, tokina. most of these are lousy cheap MF lenses. but that;s not the way you present names of lenses, you post the link to these lenses, we show you how.

Alright... No Prob..
Thanks for your advice.

The brands are..

Please advice me..

i think these are tele / wide converters... they screw on to digi-cams, video cams etc to make the picture more wide or telephoto. There are bigger ones for SLR lenses too but usually not recommended.

Lenses in an SLR system allows you to switch about, so you want wider (farther out) you get a wider lens... you want a more close up you'll get a telephoto lens. the type of view the lens covers is based in mm (millimeters)

lenses for SLR are things like 18 - 35mm F/3.5 - 5.6 <-- you'll soon realize what all these numbers mean. Canon has EF lenses for the EOS range of SLRs. There are third-party(Sigma, Tokina, Tamron) lenses out there too which will mount to your Canon camera.

oh, and one more thing, what's your budget?

This is really a good advice..
I actually have Canon S5 IS. But it cannot change the lens.
That's y I'm thinking of getting 350D or 400..
I'm not really pro.. Just love to take good scenery...
Do you think Canon S5 IS is enough for me?

What is enough? Enough as in enough?

Since you have a pro-sumer, play with it. Shoot with it.
Like others said here, learn the aperture, it has Manual mode, Aperture mode.... rite ?
Learn all these, take this S5 IS as your starting point.... then chiong!!

Try to produce good photos like you see in CS. Try until you had hit the maximum level you can hit then you consider DSLR.

Dun buy because you need to buy. Buy for a reason. :bsmilie:

You'll know when to upgrade when the camera is limiting what you want to do and/or express your creativity. Then upgrade. I and many here have gone through this process. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.