Is this fungus?

Stargaz3r

Jul 16, 2012
Singapore
_5260367_zpssin3kezw.jpg

_5260369_zps8fjkhl8r.jpg

As seen in the picture. It has a yellow dot in the middle of a patch. And when I shine light on it, it became like milky white color.. Is this fungus?

It looks like a dust speck in the first pic but suspiciously like fungus in the second pic. Fungus tend to grow like a spider-web.

For peace of mind, get it checked.

Is it still warranty? My Olympus had a dust just 2weeks after buying it, and I got it cleaned for free.

Is it still warranty? My Olympus had a dust just 2weeks after buying it, and I got it cleaned for free.

It looks like a legacy OM lens though. Doubt there is any more warranty on these lenses anymore.

It's a OM 50mm f1.8 no longer have warranty. I had tried wiping it with alcohol. But it's inside the lens. Any idea roughly how much it will cost for me to send it for cleaning?

It's a OM 50mm f1.8 no longer have warranty. I had tried wiping it with alcohol. But it's inside the lens. Any idea roughly how much it will cost for me to send it for cleaning?

Bro Fatigue who replied to your thread earlier might be able to help you. Why don't you PM him?

You can try Steven at camerahospital.com to give an assessment. I just sent my 53 leica for servicing, price is good, job well done.