Is this fair ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lui002

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
I was overcharged by 20 cents for my bus ride yesterday.
The Malay girl at ToaPayoh bus terminal gave me a receipt and told me to return after one week to collect the 20 cents. I asked her who is going to pay for the $1.66 bus fare for me to come and collect the 20 cents. She said if I want the 20 cents back, I must go back to her and I have to pay the $1.66 bus fare.
Is this fair ?

Come on man, it's 20 cents. Don't give yourself the stress of getting worked up over such a small amount of money. Yes I know it the principle of the thing but surely there are more meaningful matters you could devote the energy to.

Public Transport Co will be most happy if we don't collect the 20c. Better than asking for fare hike.. not need PTC approval, newspaper bombardment and yet make more profit! How come the refund collection process hasn't improve over the years?

Why not forget about the 20 cents as Phildate says... Dun sweat the small stuffs..

But to get your justice, write to ST Forum!

These public transport providers cannot handle such a small matter with any satisfactory level of service and they have the gall to raise fare prices. Must bring up this kind of thing in th ST!

No wonder "THEY" got $$$ .. 1 ppl = $0.20... 100 = $20... 1000 = $200.. 10000 = $2000.. WAa.... tats alot :think:

what if they overcharged 10000 commuters per day and 80% don't bother?
that's $1600 per day!

Drudkh said:
that's $1600 per day!

Thats y alot ppl said "THEY" are "YAO KUAI" ( Hungry Ghost) .. bus fare still wan to increase some more :bsmilie:

Drudkh said:
that's $1600 per day!

I think 95% won't even know in the first place.. :bsmilie:

Don't forget those who forget to "dee" when alighting bus.. full $2.00 charge! (pls correct me if I'm wrong, haven't take bus for yrs..)

I am sure there are no limit to the time u can go and claim that 20 cents.
What i would suggest u to do is keep the thing in your wallet and claim it when u are in that area. :)

Drudkh said:
that's $1600 per day!

hmm... lets see.. profits... company making money, then why the price hike??? :dunno:

David said:
Why not forget about the 20 cents as Phildate says... Dun sweat the small stuffs..

Exactly, at least they can get the over charged issues corrected.

i have seen someone complaining about this long ago on ST. No use complaining. We mortal can only live with it.

David said:

Hrm, IMHO, that's exactly the reason they don't let you claim on the spot. :think:

yeah i think phildate summed it up. in PRINCIPAL yes.. they are being unfair. but the amt is too small for each individual to do much about it except to let go.

when i worked in a bank, and customer closed an account with 3 cents left. can't be the bank issue a cheque to the customer rite? the cheque and the postage would cost MORE than the 3c. if customer had another a/c with the bank we could do the transfer, even then, it's not worth the man hours to do it even if it's just a few clicks on the computer.

so i guess the thing here is materiality. how material is the 20c to us? and to them? as some have mentioned, if they over charge 1000 customers a day.. that's material. but honestly i dun think they overcharge that much a day lar.. i dunno man, wouldn't have a clue.

lui002 said:
I was overcharged by 20 cents for my bus ride yesterday.
The Malay girl at ToaPayoh bus terminal gave me a receipt and told me to return after one week to collect the 20 cents. I asked her who is going to pay for the $1.66 bus fare for me to come and collect the 20 cents. She said if I want the 20 cents back, I must go back to her and I have to pay the $1.66 bus fare.
Is this fair ?

i support the idea of writing to the ST forums if you have any intention to do so. for a rough estimate on NEL alone there are already around 700 000 to 800 000 commuter counts a day. say roughly 1% is overcharged, that's maybe 7 500 times. each time say $0.10 that's already around $750/- a day. in a year they will have around $273 750/- profit from overcharging. this is for NEL only, what about the rest of the public transport system? fare hike? PUI! :sticktong

Write to ST Forums, i agree. The woman is 'Kia Si', not willing to go the extra mile for you by requesting for flexibility in the refunding issue. she just want to sit comfortably in her position and get her monthly salary and annual bonus.

Same. Her superior do not want any trouble as he or she also want to sit comfortably in his or her position and get monthly salary and annual bonus.

This 'culture' is again the to his/her superior and to his/her superior and to his/her superior and so on......

Status
Not open for further replies.