Is this ethical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Say you have your own personal photo sharing site but you take photos from other photogs and pass it off as you own. I wont say which cser is doing this but let's say he taking stuff we posted to share with others and puting them on his own site. :think: What's your say?

Of course it's not ethical, push for legal proceedings.

espn said:
Of course it's not ethical, push for legal proceedings.

What if the fella is a kid not yet in NS? :think:

Klose said:
I don't think I care. Being a kid has no special privileges. The parents pay on his behalf then.

Probably it's better to highlight to him that there are ethics even in photography. If he does not listen, list his name and site here so he will be pressured to stop doing so.

Newman said:
Probably it's better to highlight to him that there are ethics even in photography. If he does not listen, list his name and site here so he will be pressured to stop doing so.
username; Roti_prata

:eek: ...yar better stop him...actually i feel should give legal warning...
cus like that not fair to others:sticktong ......sumore if he is really copying,he is insulting photography IMHO:nono:

Leave it to the website owner of airliners.net to take the legal action... just inform will do.

Newman said:

fully agree. but if he dun listen no matter wad than how. some ppl always think they r rite....

Basic principles of cheating/copying & knowing right from wrong are learnt in primary school already. Find it difficult use age as a shield to hide behind.

Just my 2 cents.

espn said:
Leave it to the website owner of airliners.net to take the legal action... just inform will do.

Actually, some of the shots belong to our cs aviation photogs :think:

I guess this whoever is does know about copyright issues. Perhaps he knew that he would get into trouble if he posts the photo on his own gallery (note that its already against A.net regulations even with the copyright tag) with the famous tag at the bottom. Maybe he had cropped out and hoped that he would be able to show them off as his own pix. If you had noticed from his 'excellent' gallery on Flickr, almost all of the landscape shots had the camera model written besides the photo while those photos that look somewhat familiar do not (one uses a D70/D200, the other a 20D for the real photogs).

Let's hear his side of the story first.

You have limited rights to personally view the images with your web browser and to use them as your personal computer wallpaper (or background image) on your own computer. These photos may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed, cropped, resized, or otherwise altered without the written permission of the photographer. No commercial use of these photos may be made in any way. All rights are reserved.

You may not use these photos on any web page, commercial or non-commercial, for profit or non-profit, without written permission from the photographer. You may however link to the photos in the manner described below.

Have you found a photo in our database that you would like to use?
To receive permission to use a photo from Airliners.net in any other way than the one described above, you have to contact the photographer (the copyright holder) of the photo. We assure you, it is a very simple process and all of our photographers are very willing to help and most will reply to your inquiries within a day. You can contact our photographers by using the e-mail form linked to beside each photo on Airliners.net.

The digital photos on this site are licensed to Airliners.net. They are equipped with a footer with copyright and license information and also carry an invisible watermark. If you receive permission from the photographer to use a particular photo, you may use a copy from Airliners.net as long as you inform us of the usage as to avoid misunderstandings (we do not appreciate and react strongly when finding our photos on other sites that use them without permission). We do however advice that you get a new copy of the photo directly from the photographer that does not carry our license and watermark.

An extract of the T&C of A.net. From my POV, he has violated every term set in the T&C. :nono:

Klose said:
Not in NS, Studying, Still a kid....

Ignorance or age is no excuse for doing things like these.

i try not to talk to much but cannot tahan...
roti_prata..lets hear ur side of the story..but so far it seems that u MAY have copyrighted..im so disaapointed:sticktong

Roti_prata, if you happen to read this, let this be a warning to you.
Please apologize for plagarizing the photos.This is not an honourable act.
I would like to hear your side of the story, but you still plagarized.No point denying it.

Has anyone PMed him? He may not be reading this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.