Is this dust on sensor? Help ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinwin

Jun 21, 2006
East of Singapore
Hi,

Is this dust on sensor or something else? The whole photo has more than 100 spots. It's taken by f22. Should a dust appear as more darker spot? I seldom change lens and only change in the room with no fan, no big movement, quickly done and camera facing down but still .... this is what I get. I try to blow it with the blower but they still remain there.

I really don't understand how the dust went in and how come it's that many...... :(

I alwys keep the camera in teh dry cabinet so it should't be fungus ......

Here's the photo :
IMG_5536_dust.jpg

Here's the 100% crop :
IMG_5536_dust_2.jpg

Please help ... Thanks

Unless you're in a clean-room environment, there are millions of dust particles in the air at any one time, IMHO.

Just the simple act of rubbing skin against skin (dry) would release thousands of dander (dead skin) in the air.

Don't obsess about it, unless it's affecting your pictures without pixel peeping.

Those dark-coloured circular spots look like dust. You can try to change to a different lens, then take the same photo, see if the spots are still there. If they're still there, it's likely to be dust on the sensor. As mentioned, don't worry too much about it if you can't see the dust in your normal photos. Even if you clean them away, they will come back again after a short while. Only worry about cleaning the sensor if you can see the dust in your normal photos (especially those with bright clear skies).

hey there. you won't be shooting at f/22 for most pictures. so dun worry too much. :D

Thanks for the reply. Do you guy get as much as dust which I got. The whole sensor are filled will numerous of them.....

One dumb question, if someone don't change the lens, will the dust get teh chance to go in?

I think you probably still would get dust in but why let yourself be ruled by the dust bunnies? The whole point of a DSLR is the ability to change lenses right?

Anyway, if it really bugs you that much, you could always clean the sensor yourself. Do a search here for "Copperhill" and you'll find quite a few threads on the subject.

Dust IS a problem if you shoot a lot of macros since you'll often be using apertures like F16 where the dust will be very obvious in your shots.

Take the first pic and run "auto levels" on PS. The dust will be very visible :bsmilie:

Dun worry. I use pec pad and eclipse cleaner to swipe a few times then almost 100% clean liao :D

Alternatively, you could send it for cleaning.

its normal.. be careful using your blower, there might be dust in your blower too.. :bsmilie:
there is no best way to get rid of these dust, only way is to minimize it...

Those are sensor dust. Can try doing similar shot at f8, f11 or the highest f-stop you will use and see if you can still see the dust. If you can't see it then can delay cleaning the sensor but it's still there, just that it does not affect the final picture in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.