Is this copyright issue or "LL case" for me?

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
Just checking out.
If I photoshoot a girl who is a freelance model, not TFCD and I paid 100 for her time with no agreement signed.

And now she use the free picture givwn by me for her sponsor or whatever business that can benefit her.

Sadly I did not watermark it though I can prove e pic is mine. Does she has the right? Or can the business use the pic?

No credit given of course.

Just checking out.
If I photoshoot a girl who is a freelance model, not TFCD and I paid 100 for her time with no agreement signed.

And now she use the free picture givwn by me for her sponsor or whatever business that can benefit her.

Sadly I did not watermark it though I can prove e pic is mine. Does she has the right? Or can the business use the pic?

No credit given of course.
any proof you paid her? even you not paying her, and she didn't hire you, or buying anything from you, does not entitle her to use the photos freely.

you can stop her from using the photos, but why you give her photos in the first place?

since you give photos to her freely, so she go ahead and give the photos freely to any tom dick harry lor...

whatever written and agreeable in the email conversion, can be treated as agreement btw.

anyway, if you want to make it an issue, you can go ahead.

Hmmm.. if this is the case. I can assumed I already lost the 'fight'..
No email.. everything just through fb and pte chat.

Nvm. I spoke to the model already. Thankd

Hmmm.. if this is the case. I can assumed I already lost the 'fight'..
No email.. everything just through fb and pte chat.
can screen capture it?

there is the copyrights information in the sticky thread of this section, read it and tell the model she don't own the photos, that is the default law says.

and please go and tell the whole kumpung, do not give away photos freely without stating any term and condition.

The way I see it is;

I will not pay a model to let me shoot her, it should be the other way round. TFCD is the furthest I will go. If I do pay it means I am going to use the photo for some business profit or advertisement and model will not receive photos at all. She can go screen capture it if she likes.

Otherwise it's like they get paid to receive gifts and you are paying money to work. It makes sense?

Maybe all the paid group shoot organised here had conditioned people into this state.

Last edited:
The way I see it is;

I will not pay a model to let me shoot her, it should be the other way round. TFCD is the furthest I will go. If I do pay it means I am going to use the photo for some business profit or advertisement and model will not receive photos at all. She can go screen capture it if she likes.

Otherwise it's like they get paid to receive gifts and you are paying money to work. It makes sense?

Maybe all the paid group shoot organised here had conditioned people into this state.

I agreed. But yet, yes I cant hold my itch and my 'generousity' and my kindness to give. Afterall i am not known and i am slow towards new models. This time rd I learnt.

Now hardly can find subject who care for tfcd. Most r too engrossed in seeking for payment. Getting paid and still demand 4 photos because they say others in the market are giving them at least a couple shots. So tough for being behind the cam

I agreed. But yet, yes I cant hold my itch and my 'generousity' and my kindness to give. Afterall i am not known and i am slow towards new models. This time rd I learnt.

Now hardly can find subject who care for tfcd. Most r too engrossed in seeking for payment. Getting paid and still demand 4 photos because they say others in the market are giving them at least a couple shots. So tough for being behind the cam
well, that depend who you are, photographers usually don't have any problem finding right models to work on TFCD if they can produce decent results.

anyway, do not blame models being greedy as we should know who start all this nonsense first.

when photographers don't show some self-respect, nobody give a sh1t on them.

perhaps u can be more specific in offerin tfcd, like showing some pics u want to achieve.. i like what catchlights say... i just find too many photog too generous.. but when u think deeper, even the cheapest 1st hand dslr cost 1k ... so why give free pics? even if u really need to give, give only low resolution and selected pics..

anyway i think it is gone case... now everything also free one... one guy asked me take pic of his personal dance performance event.. i quoted him, he say too high, and asked for $60 for 45min event.. i say no.. he said i should consider , as i could add on to my portfolio...

in the end, i ask him to find his friends to take foc one ...

'I will not pay a model to let me shoot her'

away from the topic..but this phrase.....heehee...

U can pay and dun need to give the pics mah. Anyway, for those that demand for photos, drop them. Plenty of other around.

Sometimes its just easier say than done. Anyway roger people. Issue resolved.

Getting paid and still demand 4 photos because they say others in the market are giving them at least a couple shots.

Give them 400x300 size photos. Can use as FB profile picture. :bsmilie:

Or you can tell her: "sure, I'll give you 4 photos if you arrange another date where you give me 4 free poses". :bsmilie:

Last edited:
take it easy. if the pic is really that good, people will find out the photographer behind it.

It may generate more biz for u. Its ok to 'lose' sometimes.

Sometimes its just easier say than done. Anyway roger people. Issue resolved.

What is so hard?

Face palm.

If Xiao Mei Mei can also also bully you, I got nothing to say.