Is this considered dirty for sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Forposting.jpg

No matter how I use the hand blower, the dust wouldn't go off. See especially the top right hand corner.

Deserve to send for cleaning at the Service Centre? Or has anyone got worse?! :bsmilie:

I'm no expert, but I'd say it's dirty enough to spoil some pictures, especially where skies or buildings are showing. I went on a trip overseas and had just 2 dust specks, that meant cleaning up many many pix over the 200+ taken :sweat:

Fortunately they were easily blown off.

Should send for cleaning. If not try shooting at larger aperture eg. f2.8.
But if you shoot outdoor especially blue sky... you can't be using larger f-stop...so the spots will show up.

just send in for cleaning.

btw, if you take a photo like this again, try not to focus sharp on the paper, the dust particles will be much easy to spot.

Yah guys, think I'll send for cleaning. No harm. Some stubborn dirts there.

catchlights, actually, on the contrary, I find if the image is sharpened, I can see the spots better. The original image is not so over-sharpened. I did a USM on it.

I got the exact same problem as u.. Got one obvious stubborn black spot on my sensor showing in my pic.. Try hand blowing it, but no matter how hard I blow, its still there.. Seems to me like a smear, but how can it be possible when I never touch the sensor b4..?:( I guess I have to send in for cleaning this week too.. Any1 knows whether cleaning of sensor is covered by warranty and if not, how much will it costs and how long it takes? Thanks..

I called and check it out liao, if it is within warranty its complimentary..:p

aaron80 said:
I got the exact same problem as u.. Got one obvious stubborn black spot on my sensor showing in my pic.. Try hand blowing it, but no matter how hard I blow, its still there.. Seems to me like a smear, but how can it be possible when I never touch the sensor b4..?:( I guess I have to send in for cleaning this week too.. Any1 knows whether cleaning of sensor is covered by warranty and if not, how much will it costs and how long it takes? Thanks..

I suggest you get it clean if you use small aperture.

I clean my cmos at about $20 at canon service centre

Status
Not open for further replies.