is this camera still worth anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevomadus

Jan 15, 2006
I found a Konica Pop in my wardrobe. Don't have the picture of it but it looks like this:

1412.jpg

is it worth anything at all?

Its worth something if you take photos with it and enjoy what you take. If you're talking about monetary value, compact film cameras are pretty dead nowadays unless its some retro fashion item.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

sevomadus said:
I found a Konica Pop in my wardrobe. Don't have the picture of it but it looks like this:

1412.jpg

P&S cameras, especially film ones, once sold are near worthless. I tried to sell mine to TCW and they don't even want it.

But if you know how to use it, it can be a lomo. Well, that's what my friend did. He tried all kinds of things on his compact camera and the results were quite good.

Cheers,
-Michelle- :)

sevomadus said:

1412.jpg

It's not worth anything. Feel free to give it to me.

sevomadus said:

Worth is up to each person.

For example, a 30m luxury motorised Yatch in mint condition is useless to me because:

I cannot afford to upkeep it even if you give it to me free.
I cannot pay the berthing fees.
I cannot pay for the captain and the crew.
I cannot pay for the petrol.
I cannot pay for the maintenance.
I do not fancy this hobby of yatching.
I got no need to impress anybody by showing off the yatch.

Same applies to your Konica POP whatever its price.

I am going to do a project with children from a home soon. But since I am still trying to tie up some ends with the home, I have not done any appeal for cameras yet. Sneak preview of the project www.ourworld-oneworld.org

You can keep the camera and donate it to us when we start the project proper in Singapore. helps me save on the cost, else I will have to get disposable cameras.

If its not taking up too much space (if you lack space) keep it.

who knows, it can be worth something if someone's looking for this as a prop specifically (but that's quite rare lah) or some collector comes along and wants to buy it off you.

Keep it... within maybe 20 or 30 years time it'll be an antique...

30 years later people would go:
"Wah, you have a FILM camera?!"

:bsmilie:

Now digital is advancing at such a high speed.... :(

redstone said:
Keep it... within maybe 20 or 30 years time it'll be an antique...

30 years later people would go:
"Wah, you have a FILM camera?!"

Now digital is advancing at such a high speed.... :(

yah.. people give me such weird looks when i take my lovely yashica electro 35 gs and canonet ql17 out..

these two guys (as young as me ok!) saw me approaching and they said.. "WAH LAU SO RETRO".

skinnylatte said:
yah.. people give me such weird looks when i take my lovely yashica electro 35 gs and canonet ql17 out..

these two guys (as young as me ok!) saw me approaching and they said.. "WAH LAU SO RETRO".

Sekali in 50 years time people would go

"Wah, you have a DSLR?! That's so old fashioned..."

:bsmilie: :eek: :bsmilie:

redstone said:
Sekali in 50 years time people would go

"Wah, you have a DSLR?! That's so old fashioned..."

:bsmilie: :eek: :bsmilie:

the word is passe, old fashion is passe

joking!

skinnylatte said:

Time to find my grandma's instantmatic camera. But then.. I don't think I can find 126 film anymore. :(

Sell it if it is of no use to you. Or you

There are some people who may still want to buy it for sentimental reasons - perhaps they once own such a camera?

I just check eBay and there's a red version of your camera which fetch a bit more at USD$10. Otherwise can sell about USD$5.

used to own this EF Pop before. cost about $190 back in the 1980s.

lsisaxon said:
Time to find my grandma's instantmatic camera. But then.. I don't think I can find 126 film anymore. :(

I've a agfamatic lying around.:bsmilie:

I ve got an Olympus 80mm zoom all weather, one x700 minolta body & one Hi-Matic S, also minolta...dunno what to do with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.