is this camera still can be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sismic

Feb 18, 2004
Does not matter
Hi Guys,

If i have a slr which has rust on the battery terminal,fungus on the lens kit.

Where can i fix this, is it worth it to fix? How much roughly the cost?

Thanks for the help

Depends on what camera it is, doesn't it?
If it's rust on the terminals, can always just remove and replace the terminal contacts... unless it's battery-leak, and it's in the body, then you've got a problem.

Fungus on the lens: just send it in to any workshop, or the agent that distributes that lens.

this is nikon f401x with the lens kit 35-70mm f/3.3-4.5

Do you know roughly how much? better not to fix it, if the cost is more than the camera itself.

since there is already fungus... try self cleaning ....
the battery terminals due to leak can be cleaned with vinegar... i hope... or filed.... take note of wiring also.... you may have to resolder if they come loose

As for fungus.... 1 part ammonia and 1 part hydogen peroxide...

Sorry, can't help you there, dunno anything about that camera's value. Why don't you check on the Nikon forum? Might be someone there who can help you.

At the same time, bring your camera down for a no-obligation assessment at some workshop or with the agent, then you'll be better able to gauge... lens cleaning might cost anything from $50 - $80 depending on what lens it is and how bad the condition.

Or what you can try is switching out terminals with replacements, or if it's some old camera, you might have to cannibalize...

yeah i agree..... i suggest you take it to a pro shop to do it..

this camera is hopeless now. I can not do it my self because i do not have those tools you mentioned. I guess i need to bring to TCW hopefully does not cost bomb because this cam only worth < 200.

Is fungus contageus? I mean what happen if i store it in dry cabinet with my other camera without cleaning it. Will my other camera get affected?

just came back from peninsula.
None of the shops there want to fix this camera (Nikon F401x). :cry:
The lens kit which got some fungus cost about 65-80SGD to clean
Too bad i am a canon user, eventhough i clean it i can not use it.

It is time to make it as paper weight :cry: :cry:

Hi guys,

On the topic of repairs, I have a Canon EOS 1000 of which the AF works intermittently. I had been to TCW and a shop in Adelphi and they both tell me it's not worth fixing.

Anyone got other suggestions on who to try or how much it will cost? Everything else works fine.

Cheers!

Iceman27 said:
Hi guys,

On the topic of repairs, I have a Canon EOS 1000 of which the AF works intermittently. I had been to TCW and a shop in Adelphi and they both tell me it's not worth fixing.

Anyone got other suggestions on who to try or how much it will cost? Everything else works fine.

Cheers!

camera hospital....
forgot the address . when my FE2 was condemened unrepairable....he saved it. 63360025 is the number.

dun bother with the pros la, not worth the money. ur camera not even worth $100 now.

go to the library and find a nikon repair book. they have instructions on how to dismantle the lens and body.

just clean it urself, and if it works, congrats. even if u fail, treat it as a gd learning experience.

~MooEy~

Status
Not open for further replies.