Is this bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSAMO

Nov 17, 2008
Australia->Japan
3108995937_8b7ce4f1e7_o.jpg

I'm going to try and clean my sensors for the first time and have order the CMOS CCD SWAB Sensor Cleaner. Do I need to get anything else?

why not just try a rocket blower first?

Ah...I sort of used my mouth to rocket blow first haha, which wasn't quite a good idea I think :)

You have complimented the dust with some saliva, bacterias and other organic material. Together with the airborne fungus spores a perfect breeding ground for fungus. Congrats :)

Jokes aside: your mouth is the very last thing you want to use. Now the advice with the blower is of no help anymore. Be more careful with the cleaning set. If in doubt then stop and read.

Yes I know, but I still take great pictures :p

I'll get the swaps and see how I go. Am I suppose to position the mechanism inside to reach the sensor or is that mirror thing it? Can I clean that as well?

I've seen this article :

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/cleaning.html

But still unclear about which part to clean as I don't have the same camera.

Better let the pros handle the sensor cleaning if unsure.

OK I just found out a mirror lockup feature on my D50 which I think moves the mirror aside to expose the sensor, now I can see it. Its a good start.

If all else fails then I'll send it to the expert, have never had the camera serviced before so might be a good thing. I'd also like to clear up some hot pixels that I've noticed in my night shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.