Is this acceptable for sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlw8888

Aug 16, 2007
Somewhere in heartland
shld i persist to clean it throughly or instead send it to Nikon service centre to clean for me? btw, i am using only a blower (the type with a brush at the tip of the blower) to blow away the dirt, no cleansing liquid is used.

if send down to service centre, u guys know ard how much ah? :)

seriously speaking... i cant see and black dots... or im blind just like sping

Absolutely acceptable to me.
I could see a few tiny specks, but I don't see any necessity do clean it and they will not affect image unless you do high % crop. Even if you really need to do 100% crop, jus clone them off lor. :)

When it's not spoilt, don't mend it. You would eventually get specks here n there after cleaning. It's the characteristic of the sensor(or rather the filter in front of the sensor) to attract dust(STATIC).

Unless you're going to shoot pure white walls all the time those specks shouldn't affect you? And if they do happen to be on your subject, they're easily removable with software.

However if it bothers you so much, just send in for cleaning... you can always call and check the price.

thks all for the advice. :)

i think i juz leave it as it is now till spots are more prominent then i go clean up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.