Is this a scam or just a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanglk

Oct 26, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
This afternoon I receive a sms said "pls call me" from a local mobile number. I thought might be some friend who changed number, so I just called back. The other side was a mandarin speaking Chinese woman asking me when do I off from office. She did not sound familiar to me, so I asked her who was she. She told me a name but I could not recall any friend with that name. She keep asking me if I remember her. I am pretty sure I had never heard that name. So after a few words I just hang up.

Question is, is it a scam? If this is a scam, what she want? What can she do by asking me to call the number? It's a local mobile number.

Maybe it's a mistake? Why not just call me instead of sms me to call back? :think:

Hehe, have been reading a few threads with phone scams here. Maybe I am just paranoid. :embrass:

This afternoon I receive a sms said "pls call me" from a local mobile number. I thought might be some friend who changed number, so I just called back. The other side was a mandarin speaking Chinese woman asking me when do I off from office. She did not sound familiar to me, so I asked her who was she. She told me a name but I could not recall any friend with that name. She keep asking me if I remember her. I am pretty sure I had never heard that name. So after a few words I just hang up.

Question is, is it a scam? If this is a scam, what she want? What can she do by asking me to call the number? It's a local mobile number.

Maybe it's a mistake? Why not just call me instead of sms me to call back? :think:

Hehe, have been reading a few threads with phone scams here. Maybe I am just paranoid. :embrass:
It's me lah! You don't remember me?

Hong Sien

Getting you to call might be cheaper for her
Most likely her mobile plan is on free incoming...

Status
Not open for further replies.