Is this a ripoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiemus

May 21, 2004
Small island....
Someone offer me a job that pays only S$120. Do you think it's a ripoff?

- 3 hour event photoshoot (Some Community Centre or RC event)
- No prints
- CD with all exposures

What would you reckon would be a good price? Thanks. All suggestions would be appreciated. :)

1) How well is your relationship with that "someone"? Good?
2) Will you have fun doing it?
3) And of course do you think its WORTH it?

If you got a "yes' to one of these qns than i think you can go for it. At least for me. ;)

Wow... considering they didn't ask you to do it for FREE, it's considered, amazing... :bsmilie:

Adiemus said:

- No prints
- CD with all exposures

What would you reckon would be a good price? Thanks. All suggestions would be appreciated. :)

You do not provide prints for the shoot, your only overheads are 3 hours of your time, transport cost and 2-3 CDs.

You gain more experience from this job, peharps you can treat it as a service to the Community Centre or RC.

How much one being paid in the market depends on his/her experience and what he/she deliver.

You sound more of a freelance photographer, OT, how many of us get paid $120 for 3 hours in our normal daily job?

How many shots do you have to take within the 3 hour span? If it's a reasonable number with little/minimal post-processing required, then I guess it's an 'ok' amount. Especially if you have nothing else to do with your time, $120 for 3 hours work would be good extra money. Can always pass the job along to other forum members, I'm sure many will bite.

$40 an hr is good money. :bsmilie:

look at the organisation. nature of shoot. time.

typically, $120 for 3 hrs coverage of such event, is in my view, reasonable.

Adiemus said:

- No prints
- CD with all exposures

There is no such thing as a good price ..... a good price is always more then the current price given :D ..... but then $120 for 3 hour event without print is a very reasonable price :D. Just cut a CD on the spot for them and bye bye :D .... no post processing involved ;D

First off, ask yourself if you are worth that price.

If you are not worth that price, take it as a learning lesson. If you are worth that price, just do it. If you are worth more than that price, ask yourself why you would want to consider the job in the first place. Must also consider what would be the outcome if you decided to take the job or reject the job, like in the future they will look for you again at this pricing (which you like or do not like). Or that they will not look for you again if you reject them this time, damaging any relationship in the process etc.

LazerLordz said:
Gimme and I'll take it anytime

Me2. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.