Is this a norm ?

VainKid

Aug 1, 2009
Bedok
To have a high expectation on what you yourself produce thus having less quantity of photos ?

or do you guys prefer quantity over quality?

I have this problem which is I delete about 30% of my shoot due to bad angle, poor shot etc and ended with not much picture left. Is it a bad habit?

I always try to keep in mind to compose well for every shot(as much as I can)...which means to have minimal snaps and maximum keep...I feel it's good practice coz sometimes, a moment only happens once...imagine the moment came but you compose so badly....;(
so everytime got to keep in mind to compose to the best one can...(easier said than done..) usually throw 10 out of 50....then post only 5 :p

To have a high expectation on what you yourself produce thus having less quantity of photos ?

I have this problem which is I delete about 30% of my shoot due to bad angle, poor shot etc and ended with not much picture left. Is it a bad habit?

Funny questions :bsmilie:

It is you, you are the one who can answer that questions :bsmilie:

i think it's fine to have more pictures early on.

you are having fun, you want to try new things. nothing wrong with wasted shots, it is digital after all, FOC. your shutter life might even last beyond rated, so per shot cost is not as significant as film.

as you go along though, you might want to think more. whether you shoot less as a result is up to you, but more often than not you will tend to shoot less. this will definitely improve your shots.

have a higher expectation on what i produce thus having more quantity of photos

good pictures comes with more exploration, more encounter and more interaction. and i also dun think by shooting less, one naturally is able to or put more effort into each picture. they are separate factors.

I used to delete 50% but I delete less now because I try harder to get it right the first time.

However, I show less than 10% of the shots I don't delete to others.

Quantity? :think:
I don't think that matters to anyone at all unless you are commissioned to produce a certain number of images where you will want to have more from your work to choose from.