is this a light leak problem?

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.aboutlove.sg
what are you trying to achieve with 5 mins exposure?
f11, 5 min exposure, no clouds in sky, this timing of shot... i also blur...

to just have still water effect, dun think need 5 min exposure so long... since there is still light in the sky, 45sec-1min should suffice.

Mythmaker

Oct 8, 2011
Buangkok MRT
Well, I always teach that anyone who shoots in bulb mode yet have a shutter speed that's odd number, clearly doesnt know anything about bulb mode....

Last edited:
May 1, 2008
those are ghosting...light reflection within the lens itself

reposition...or use a lens hood or something better to keep strong light from straying into the lens

Last edited:

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
2nd those who asked why you will need 5 minute exposure.

There are many possibilities. One question I have is the compatibility of your holder and the filters you used. Gaskets provided by the filters may not match your holder if they did not come from the same source. I also seen some sellers in the market didn't even apply gaskets to 10 stop filters!

Could you let us know more specifics about the lens you use, the filter holder you have too?

If not, work with the shop that you got this from? If they are selling you these filters, I have to assume that they should be cluey enough to help you out.

Last edited:

kitaro9202

Oct 6, 2008
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
2nd those who asked why you will need 5 minute exposure.

There are many possibilities. One question I have is the compatibility of your holder and the filters you used. Gaskets provided by the filters may not match your holder if they did not come from the same source. I also seen some sellers in the market didn't even apply gaskets to 10 stop filters!

Could you let us know more specifics about the lens you use, the filter holder you have too?

If not, work with the shop that you got this from? If they are selling you these filters, I have to assume that they should be cluey enough to help you out.
using lee holder and haida 10 stop filter with gmask put on size is 100mm

davidc34

Apr 14, 2014
Singapore
Looks like lens flare to me, turned into a hotspot because of the long exposure. Pointing into the sun will often do that to a greater or lesser extent, depending on your lens.

Top Bottom