Aug 18, 2004
www.pbase.com
From Bargain City:
1 Panasonic Lumix FZ3 FREE 512 mb SD card
FREE extra OEM Li-Ion Battery
FREE Panasonic Case
FREE SD reader SGD$755.00 SGD$755.00
(Inclusive 5% GST) SGD$792.75

BC alway abit more expensive compare to AP, CP and MS. But they deliever the product right to ur doorstep. And the price is reasonable enough. It ur call, comfortable with the price? Get it.

If u are very "cat/meow" as me, consider getting them from AP, MS. They are better in pricing. Chinatown shop (provided by fellow CSer) seem good in pricing.

regards.

digitalbuff said:
From Bargain City:
1 Panasonic Lumix FZ3 FREE 512 mb SD card
FREE extra OEM Li-Ion Battery
FREE Panasonic Case
FREE SD reader SGD$755.00 SGD$755.00
(Inclusive 5% GST) SGD$792.75

BUY BUY BUY!!!

Then sell me your 20D chip chip :devil:

FZ3 is a discontinued model liao... FZ5 is on its way...

If u get an FZ3 now, there would be ultra depriciation (i fail my spelling). Can try read up on the pros and cons of FZ5. A bit lousier len... f2.8-3.0 heee... but got fast focus..

Cheers...

After looking at FZ 5. The image looks ok when U full size it. But it look something not right when U dun full size the pic. Alittle Over sharpness. IMO ;)

Not sharp u complain... over sharp u oso complain... whahaaa... should go change ur monitor lah... heee...

Hong Jia said:
Not sharp u complain... over sharp u oso complain... whahaaa... should go change ur monitor lah... heee...

Its not the mattter of anithing. U go see the pic. Well, someone say so. Who do you think Im referring to? Hehe

sharp not good mehz? i alway like sharp sharp one.

Thanks all.

Still confused. I have read up on FZ 4 and 5 but i am not after the resolution. I am looking for something compact yet good so the FZ3 would be gd leh.

But discontinued models got problems.

DB

digitalbuff said:
Thanks all.

Still confused. I have read up on FZ 4 and 5 but i am not after the resolution. I am looking for something compact yet good so the FZ3 would be gd leh.

DB
Able to get second hand?

Maybe can ask Keith whether he is able to get it or not? ;)

digitalbuff said:
Thanks all.

DB

imo, no point comparing FZ3 with the FZ5 because you know what? based on the price released by Panasonic, the FZ5 is going to be around the same price as the FZ20! for that price I rather get the FZ20.

and to me, the FZ4 is also not worth it as resolution wise, it is hardly more than the FZ3 and you lose audio in movie recording mode, yet list price is more than the FZ3. moreover, from review samples, I don't see any improvement in image quality of the FZ5 over the FZ3, save the slight increase in resolution.

therefore, if you can get the FZ3 at a good price, go ahead and get it. it is a very capable camera that takes great pictures. check out here for a better deal: http://www.fotoheaven.com/shop/default.php?cPath=1_9&osCsid=32e9cc2ea8e56b488c4b8449bf295660

I got one at a very low price, now with 1GB SD card, 55mm UV filter, PL filter & closeup filter, WCON08.

Life is good. :)

I'm surprise you're welling to pay $793 for FZ3 with those free gifts! I paid $680 at MS Colour. Got free 256MB SD and Panasonic case. If you have all-in-1 card reader, then the free SD Card Reader is useless. Go check out the price at MS or AP.

If FZ5 were to replace FZ3, it would simply be the same price as FZ3. If you look at the previous trend, when FZ20 replace FZ10 it is simply the same price same package, just that it is a better camera.

If FZ5 were to be the same price as FZ20, every one would get a FZ20 and would wipe the FZ5 market out.

Cheers...

Hong Jia said:
If FZ5 were to replace FZ3, it would simply be the same price as FZ3. If you look at the previous trend, when FZ20 replace FZ10 it is simply the same price same package, just that it is a better camera.

If FZ5 were to be the same price as FZ20, every one would get a FZ20 and would wipe the FZ5 market out.

Cheers...

nope according to pricing revealed by Panasonic USA, the FZ5 will cost about the same as the FZ20. the FZ3 list price was $399 when released, now the FZ5 list price is $499, go figure.

the FZ5 & FZ20 are not in the same market, both have different feature sets and portability. personally, if they are the same price, I will still get the FZ5 simply because I prefer the smaller size for bringing it (I already have a DSLR) around and I don't need the features such as MF and hotshoe.

but if I can only own one single camera, I will go for the FZ20. :)

nad said:
nope according to pricing revealed by Panasonic USA, the FZ5 will cost about the same as the FZ20. the FZ3 list price was $399 when released, now the FZ5 list price is $499, go figure.

the FZ5 & FZ20 are not in the same market, both have different feature sets and portability. personally, if they are the same price, I will still get the FZ5 simply because I prefer the smaller size for bringing it (I already have a DSLR) around and I don't need the features such as MF and hotshoe.

but if I can only own one single camera, I will go for the FZ20. :)

FZ20 is listed as RP USD$569. However, online can get slightly cheaper USD$519 or lower.

Think FZ5 will be around RP SGD$799. So should be able to get at around SGD$699~749 from those retailers. I am just guessing the pricing!

Now where is Keith? Are we going to have a preview of FZ5?

LifeWorld said:
FZ20 is listed as RP USD$569. However, online can get slightly cheaper USD$519 or lower.

Think FZ5 will be around RP SGD$799. So should be able to get at around SGD$699~749 from those retailers. I am just guessing the pricing!

IMHO, dun think e price of FZ5 will be that low when it is first launched, cos Panasonic still has to clear FZ3 stocks. Mkt price for most established 5MP cameras also ard $700-$800, so wif 12X zoom n OIS shld be more ex. Not forgetting that there is also e FZ4 rite? ;)

My guess... hmm... since FZ20's at $1099, FZ5 shld be ard $999, FZ4 ard $899, FZ3 at $799 (all RRP). Jus a fun guess, guess it's still largely debatable till e actual release prices for S'pore are out. :D

i think FZ3 will phase out, while FZ4 take FZ3 pricing. We shall see. Maybe we can bet on a bun/cookie/mac donald meal?

LifeWorld said:

Hehe...once i got the product will let you guys have a preview..will be on april.

digitalbuff said:
Just checked out Mega Foto at Far East. $680 Net same package as where NAD recommended http://www.fotoheaven.com/shop/defa...c4b8449bf295660
but too bad only 128MB SD card.

Guess...if no better deal, I will buy from here. Nad, I PM u no reply, your deal better than above?

DB

Heheh... got my FZ3 for <$600 as I got it from a friend who have special panasonic staff purchase once a year, sorry can't help you on that. :bsmilie:

sunkist said:
i think FZ3 will phase out, while FZ4 take FZ3 pricing. We shall see. Maybe we can bet on a bun/cookie/mac donald meal?

I agree with you that the FZ4 should be priced similarly to current FZ3 levels while the FZ5 is another $100~150 more ex. Which is why my argument that the FZ3 will be a better deal than the FZ4... because by then, FZ3 will likely be cheaper than the FZ4 during stock clearance... 3MP vs 4MP: not much difference, FZ3 has faster lens and movie mode with sound. We shall see of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.