Is this a good lobang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

integrasky

Feb 18, 2008
good day guys,

i am in UK now and wanted to ask whats the good deal that i can find in UK as compared to Sing?

i saw a Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM Lens going for 880 pound which makes it to abt 1100 dollars in sing.. is it worth it? Gotten the urge to get long lens because i cannot zoom in close enough to do some shoots during live EPL matches... !!! haha...

By way, UK has very good sight to allow me practise on photography skills and techniques..

thanks to all... cheers.

Last edited:
your maths fail, 900 pounds is nowhere near 1100 sgd, it is way more unless the sun has finally set on the british empire

Last edited:
Bro, exchange rate is 2.3 and that will be S$2100. Don't blur blur BBB and then faint when u receive the credit card bill. :)

Also, I don't think 200mm is long (or tight) enough for EPL

Bro, exchange rate is 2.3 and that will be S$2100. Don't blur blur BBB and then faint when u receive the credit card bill. :)

Also, I don't think 200mm is long (or tight) enough for EPL

EPL.. depends on what $$ of ticket you buy. Cheapest I remember is about 70 pounds (also depends on what teams playing).. where u sit up there where 200mm not enough.

yeah, you got your exchange rate mixed up with probably the US dollar?

also, the photographers sitting just next to the playing field uses lenses like 800mm, so do you think your 200mm will make it from way behind the stands? haha use it to either shoot the audience around u, or juz sit back and enjoy the match. and EPL season takes a 3 month break, so no hurry there ;)

sorry sorry.. type wrongly... its abt 580 pound... so after conver is abt 1.3k thereabt in sing... sorry for the miscalculation...

so..is that a good buy then?

buy for me!

If not wrong, If you buy for yourself, you don't have to pay the GST when you bring back.
If you could get a VAT refund, should be better.

Is it a local shop? Did the shop giving the international lens warranty? From my observation, there are online shops in UK where difficult to get a VAT refund.

buy for me!

i found it at a car-boot sale in UK. i asked the seller to give me a week to think...

If not wrong, If you buy for yourself, you don't have to pay the GST when you bring back.
If you could get a VAT refund, should be better.

Is it a local shop? Did the shop giving the international lens warranty? From my observation, there are online shops in UK where difficult to get a VAT refund.

its not from a shop, it a 2md hand piece.. but the condition is quite ok though... hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.