Status
Not open for further replies.

small fish

Feb 7, 2005
Woodlands
1 52mm 2x Telephoto Lens
1 52mm Wide Angle Lens

Sale Price: US$99.00

Saw the above at Us website and currently in US. Good deal?

What is the price like in Singapore??

I am selling the 37mm Canon A80/A85/A95 tube adapter.
You can get a 37mm Kenko 2X TC & 37mm 0.5X WA for around $100 at CP.
Both in a pack. If buy separate, think each cost around $60.
All price are in SG dollar.
PM me if you interested in the 37mm tube adapter.

No brand leh.

It is posted in the web-site. Need to call to check.

Don_ thks for the offer. Will keep it in mind when i needed.

Currently in US and won't be back till some time later

donchua said:
I am selling the 37mm Canon A80/A85/A95 tube adapter.
You can get a 37mm Kenko 2X TC & 37mm 0.5X WA for around $100 at CP.
Both in a pack. If buy separate, think each cost around $60.
All price are in SG dollar.
PM me if you interested in the 37mm tube adapter.

sorry, i do not understand what is the meaning of "37mm Kenko 2X TC & 37mm 0.5X WA". I have got the 52mm tube adapter, and how much does it cost for the 52mm wide and tele?

aspire said:
sorry, i do not understand what is the meaning of "37mm Kenko 2X TC & 37mm 0.5X WA". I have got the 52mm tube adapter, and how much does it cost for the 52mm wide and tele?

37mm is the rear thread, Kenko is the brand, TC is tele-converter & WA is
Wide Angle.
Not sure oof the price for 52mm, you might wanna call up CP & check.

small fish said:
1 52mm 2x Telephoto Lens
1 52mm Wide Angle Lens
Sale Price: US$99.00
Saw the above at Us website and currently in US. Good deal?
What is the price like in Singapore??

That may sound like a good deal but the quality of these lenses may not be up to standard. I've seen pictures using an 'unbranded' wide angle lens - and the quality wasn't good. I have Canon original converters (wide and tele) myself and there's a noticeable difference in quality compared to those pictures I saw - glad I paid more for what I have. That's the risk you take..

avoid these lenses which are crappy and overpriced. the 2x probably is only a 1.3x, while the wide-angle probably is actually a 0.8+x. buy them if you have money to spare and need additional paperweights ;p

Caras said:
That may sound like a good deal but the quality of these lenses may not be up to standard. I've seen pictures using an 'unbranded' wide angle lens - and the quality wasn't good. I have Canon original converters (wide and tele) myself and there's a noticeable difference in quality compared to those pictures I saw - glad I paid more for what I have. That's the risk you take..

u got 52mm WA and tele? How much u brought them for? and may i know wat does the numbers means? (eg. 2X TC and 0.5 WA).
I am newbie at these stuff so got alot of questions. thanks for answering.

aspire said:
u got 52mm WA and tele? How much u brought them for? and may i know wat does the numbers means? (eg. 2X TC and 0.5 WA).
I am newbie at these stuff so got alot of questions. thanks for answering.

Hi,

Bought them so long ago that I can't remember how much I paid for them,
1. Wide Converter WC-DC52 0.7x
2. Tele-Converter TC-DC52 2.4x

Just checked the Canon Singapore website for prices:
http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=digitalcamera&prod_type=accessories
Both are priced at $169.

(I also have another one: Wide Converter WC-DC58 0.8x, priced at $259, but then it's a bigger lens).

What the numbers mean:
TC = Tele Converter
WA = Wide Angle
2X = The magnification factor for the TC (e.g. attached to a 50mm lens, it becomes 100mm)
0.5 = the magnification factor for the WA (= 0.5x. same principle applies)

And while we're at it, (found it!) here's the link to the the samples of an alternative brand WC: http://forum.filmalley.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=196&PN=6

The thing that's most noticeable about the WC used there is that the further from the center, the more blur the image becomes (look at the one with the cosplay figures and compare the center (sharp) with the letters '10F' on the left (blurred). It's the same with the other pictures too. Also, the person who took the pictures posted these comments: '(lousy!)' and 'Canon WD58H is much better. at least it can maintain the resolution and color'.

Doubly glad I didn't get a cheap 58mm WC :) (...but I have no use for it now after the last upgrade... maybe I should sell..). Anyway, it's always best if you can test it out first. Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.