Is this a good buy Nikon D80 with AF18-70 IF-ED & -AF70-300G & SB600 flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasIce

Jun 21, 2008
Hi to all, need all the expert advise for the package mention is it a good buy?
All for $2100
Nikon D80 with AF18-70 IF-ED & -30G & SB600;p:bigeyes:
look attractive to me anyone can help?

Hi to all, need all the expert advise for the package mention is it a good buy?
All for $2100
Nikon D80 with AF18-70 IF-ED & -30G & SB600;p:bigeyes:
look attractive to me anyone can help?

Please read the sub-forum.

There is a price list there for you to compare.

Sticky: Nikon Price Guide (Singapore) 2007 -2008

Nikon D80 (body only) - ($1188~$1240)
AF-S 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED DX - $390
Nikon SB-600 - $370

Add it all up... think about it.

you can try a 2nd hand 18-70mm which on average is around 250 in b&s sub-forum.

$1240 + $390 + $370 = ...............$2000!!!....... OMG! ;)

well acutally the package include:
pricing base on Nikon price guide only
D80- $1240
AF18-70/IF-ED DX- $390
AF70-300f- $250
SB600 $320
+
2x 4g Super SD card, 1 extra 3rd party batt & other freeies
but after I add on the it ends up $2200, well almost the same la :sweat:
sorri me just new to this cos nw using a Sony-828 but thinking of upgrading to D80, is it too fast? is the lens given is good enough for starter? can advise:embrass:

D80- $1240
AF18-70/IF-ED DX- $390
AF70-300f- $250
SB600 $320
+
sorri me just new to this cos nw using a Sony-828 but thinking of upgrading to D80, is it too fast? is the lens given is good enough for starter? can advise:embrass:

Well, it is a good start. And if you have the dough for it, why not. Do push for the original batteries though. I dun quite trust 3rd party ones.

;)

D80- $1240
AF18-70/IF-ED DX- $390
AF70-300f- $250
SB600 $320
+

So I guess the bundle price and individual price is more or less the same. Make sure you don't get conned into buying any additional items that you may or may not know the price of. For example, UV filters, lens hood, bag, etc.

Get the shop to throw in additional items like tripod, camera bag and cleaning kits if possible. The little things add up!

I don't use my camera extremely heavily, so I find that the extra batt becomes sort of a white elephant. On a holiday, I might take about 150-200 shots in a day. Including occasional viewing on the LCD, I have enough juice for 2 days shooting. Depends on your usage la. Nice to have back-up juice, I know... :)

1 extra 3rd party batt & other freeies

I would not count on 3rd party batts either.
They fail you at the most timely moments to make you hate yourself for using them.

Ryan

So I guess the bundle price and individual price is more or less the same. Make sure you don't get conned into buying any additional items that you may or may not know the price of. For example, UV filters, lens hood, bag, etc.

Get the shop to throw in additional items like tripod, camera bag and cleaning kits if possible. The little things add up!

I don't use my camera extremely heavily, so I find that the extra batt becomes sort of a white elephant. On a holiday, I might take about 150-200 shots in a day. Including occasional viewing on the LCD, I have enough juice for 2 days shooting. Depends on your usage la. Nice to have back-up juice, I know... :)

ok i will take note of this actually was looking at the MD-80 batt grip but impossible la, so maybe ask for lens filter or tripod or both he..he...:sweatsm:

Really? I have had no problem with my eastgear battery for my D50 for the past 2 years...:think:

Same, no problems with my Eastgear one as well. Would gladly buy more Eastgear batteries if I needed to.

thanks for sharing but how much u all brought frm east gear??

ee..rr what abt the lens?? izzt ok to start with or can have better choice??:)

Well, it is a good start. And if you have the dough for it, why not. Do push for the original batteries though. I dun quite trust 3rd party ones.

;)

The 3rd party batteries will it damage the Camera or will explode if overheat and comparing the original or the 3rd party batteries which one cost more?

The 3rd party batteries will it damage the Camera or will explode if overheat and comparing the original or the 3rd party batteries which one cost more?

There is a risk there. As seen with handphone batteries.

And the warranty will not cover any damages from a 3rd party battery if it does damage the camera. At least if I have problems with a original battery, I cna go back to the camera maker and complain.

With a 3rd party battery, where can I complain?? :sweat:

Definitely the originals will cost more, but I rather pay the little more to be safe.

Do NOT but the 70-300G version unless it's the VR version (which I doubt looking at the price).
I have both of them and basically the non-VR version is NOT recommended. If you cannot get the 70-300VR, I hear that the cheaper 55-200VR is good for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.