Is this a "dust in my 28-135 IS" senario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I realized that it has something inside the front element of the lens. It sticks
on the first piece of glass at the lower bottom (85% radius from the center).
Haven't seen its effect yet since only discovered yesterday. Am I having a
tedious problem now? :confused: It's much smaller than the diameter of 0.5mm
pencil though.

just take a pic on a bright plain piece of paper at f/11 or above and see if there are any 'shadows'.. or load into PS and use auto levels... any dust will just pop up

Thank you I will try it out.
What is the cost of repairing such a lens if the dust does affect? There is no
warranty for it any longer.

Its normal to have dust in the lens elements, my brand new lens has one speck in the front element too. It will not show up in your images.

How will the dust affect pics if there are a lot of them inside a lens? Will some dust like this one affect pic taken?

297306.jpg

I just bought the lens, but haven't got it yet. Quite worry about the results I'm gonna get. Will a professional cleaning service improve the pic taken or is it just waste of money?

Thanks and cheers!

fengwei u mix ur lens wf key chains or what? why soooooooo many scratches and dents :p

dRebelXT said:
fengwei u mix ur lens wf key chains or what? why soooooooo many scratches and dents :p

No lah, got this one from a second hand forum. Thinking of getting it cleaned or just passing it to someone else (who seems don't care too much about the scratches and dust) :think: The price was too good (compare to new or mint condition ones) to be passed though.

Will see how it goes...

fengwei said:
No lah, got this one from a second hand forum. Thinking of getting it cleaned or just passing it to someone else (who seems don't care too much about the scratches and dust) :think: The price was too good (compare to new or mint condition ones) to be passed though.

Will see how it goes...
Hi fengwei, care to share what lens is that? Very large aperture heh. :eek:

Thanks.

It looks like an amplifying glass. :)
It's Pentax lens.

dRebelXT said:
It looks like an amplifying glass. :)
It's Pentax lens.

Yes, it's a Pentax 135/2.8 FA lens. Quite small actually, only 52mm filter size, 68 x 80mm, 375g :)

The manual focus version (M135/3.5, which I also have) is even smaller and compact:63x66mm, 270g, 49mm filter :D

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.