Is this 2nd hand Macbook Pro a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenfightclub

Aug 13, 2006
2nd hand Macbook Pro
200gb
2.6 processor
Leopard OS
$2550
6-7 months warranty left.

Or should I just wait and get the new Macbook? Lighter, sleeker, but pricing around the same (I guess).

Advice, guys?

The advantage of the MacBook Pro over the MacBook is essentially its graphics card, and the dimensions of its screen size which makes it nicer to work with given the increase in the desktop space. Otherwise, the MacBook is more or less as capable as the MBP in every way. So it really depends on your needs. Some people can't part with the multi-touch trackpad of the MBP, or light-sensitive screen and keyboard, or nicer speakers, but it really depends on the users' preference.

Basically, the main factors of consideration for me when I bought my macbook awhile back was Price and Requirements.

The highest end macbook is $2000. $500 cheaper then this mbp you are considering. Practically speaking, the black version is more expensive for just the colour.

The macbook pro comes with higher processor speed and a graphics card. Do you need these?

Actually my main purpose of a laptop is writing. But then knowing me, I will be itchy and do some photoshop work on it as well. I was just wondering, for $500 I get much better specs but it's second hand lah, so... not sure if it's worth getting...

Actually my main purpose of a laptop is writing. But then knowing me, I will be itchy and do some photoshop work on it as well. I was just wondering, for $500 I get much better specs but it's second hand lah, so... not sure if it's worth getting...

My macbook is fine for PS. Just consider screen size only. But it's pretty fine for me. The way PS works on a mac... I can watch videos whilst psing

hmm... so your suggestion would be the new macbook?

im still undecided leh... only $500 more... but then it's second hand. sigh... hahaha...

The MBP, last released Feb 08, is due to update, soon. So unless u have to get it now, it may be worth while to hold on a little longer, ard 1-2 mths?

The New MB is rumoured to come with Aluminium casing, and if the MB which current version is already shipping new updates, the MBP sld be not too far away.

If u do photo a lot, I recommend MBP, for the graphic memory. MB is shared memory.

dan

The MBP, last released Feb 08, is due to update, soon. So unless u have to get it now, it may be worth while to hold on a little longer, ard 1-2 mths?

The New MB is rumoured to come with Aluminium casing, and if the MB which current version is already shipping new updates, the MBP sld be not too far away.

If u do photo a lot, I recommend MBP, for the graphic memory. MB is shared memory.

dan

there was once, a laptop model with metallic casing. many ppl complain about not able to surf internet with wifi.

thanks guys! :)

Think I'll wait for the new Macbook or MCP lah. Sigh, wait until so long still haven't out.

Status
Not open for further replies.