Is there wireless for MIO to connect to room TV?

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
Currently my room do not have any TV and phone wall mount thing, only living room have it, so my MIO was set there.

Now if i wanna watch MIO in my room, possible to have wireless connection from MIO to my room TV? Can get in Sim Lim?

Or there is no such thing???

Just found out from singtel, 2 choices, one is wireless, there other is they do another wall socket in my room, so i can watch it there........ for $50 only.

anyone using their 2nd services before????

Just found out from singtel, 2 choices, one is wireless, there other is they do another wall socket in my room, so i can watch it there........ for $50 only.

I have the wireless adaptor, yah costs 53.50 (incl GST). My modem is in the living room, TV and MIO TV box in the room. Maybe is some blocking by wall, reception sometime crazy one :sweat:

I have the wireless adaptor, yah costs 53.50 (incl GST). My modem is in the living room, TV and MIO TV box in the room. Maybe is some blocking by wall, reception sometime crazy one :sweat:

How interesting are the slideshows that you watch? :bsmilie:

Shhh... Not so loud :bsmilie:
MIO TV bundled to broadband lah, living room using Starhub CTV.

Mine also, internet connection always got problem also, already given up calling them to send over useless technicians.

Are u saying u want to use a wireless adapter to receive TV signals(into your room)
from the MIO(in the living room)?

How about those powerline adaptor from Aztec? :think:

My Mio will only be installed mid of next mth and Singtel is laying additional free data line to my living room....my existing 8MB Singnet BB is in bed room though....I suppose the decoder can work with either line :lovegrin:

MIO is useless, period :thumbsd:

I have it in my hall and than move it to my room (base station plug into the phone line in the hall) and it is more like watching a slide show than watching a movie :thumbsd:

Their technician cam twice liow and it is still the same ;p

I suggest not to waste your money getting MIO.

just to check, since i was thinking on the issue, and i found a lot of threads on this elsewhere

i have been suffering mio for a long time already, and one irritating issue is that if you have mio voice, you HAVE to use their 2wire thing.

i don't really care about the modem part, but the 2wire box's wireless signal is painfully pathetic, cutting out sometimes from my room.

anyone here has connected a second router (N standard) to the 2wire box (B/G standard, i think)? will it work? will it affect the mio voice part? i don't use the mio voice, but my family does.

thanks.

How about those powerline adaptor from Aztec? :think:

My Mio will only be installed mid of next mth and Singtel is laying additional free data line to my living room....my existing 8MB Singnet BB is in bed room though....I suppose the decoder can work with either line :lovegrin:
DON'T downgrade to Singhang mio service. Singnet BB is worlds better, much more stable connection. The mio s hitbox is the worst OEM thing I've ever used, puts 2wire to shame :thumbsd: I have no idea how they make 2wire routers so useless
just to check, since i was thinking on the issue, and i found a lot of threads on this elsewhere

i have been suffering mio for a long time already, and one irritating issue is that if you have mio voice, you HAVE to use their 2wire thing.

i don't really care about the modem part, but the 2wire box's wireless signal is painfully pathetic, cutting out sometimes from my room.

anyone here has connected a second router (N standard) to the 2wire box (B/G standard, i think)? will it work? will it affect the mio voice part? i don't use the mio voice, but my family does.

thanks.
I've tried to connect my old router to mio, but I can't seem to configure it to connect to mio. Some people say you can connect an extra router to the mio box so it can handle most of the jobs that a router should do, then pass on the good connection to the mio box then to the computer. In thoery it's slower but in real use, they claim it's much more stable. I'm not sure how it works though, kinda chim, and I forgot what page it was...found it using a Google search.

The $50 ... is it one off? Do I have to pay a certain monthly fee for that?

The $50 ... is it one off? Do I have to pay a certain monthly fee for that?

one off, they will get a guy to install another telephone wall socket there in the room. i rejected due to the fact that the contractor will never cable it nice for u......

anyway, watching live matches, using wireless think cannot, might as well watch live streaming....... so i never got the issue solved, just watch at hall........

I've tried to connect my old router to mio, but I can't seem to configure it to connect to mio. Some people say you can connect an extra router to the mio box so it can handle most of the jobs that a router should do, then pass on the good connection to the mio box then to the computer. In thoery it's slower but in real use, they claim it's much more stable. I'm not sure how it works though, kinda chim, and I forgot what page it was...found it using a Google search.

i've just tried using homeplug after buying it today.... i think that's a good solution. just found out about it today when browsing through suggestions from people complaining about mio box.

but i think one unit is faulty (h110we aztech).... :( can't be detected by my computer, though the other one can.

Last edited:
i've just tried using homeplug after buying it today.... i think that's a good solution. just found out about it today when browsing through suggestions from people complaining about mio box.

but i think one unit is faulty (h110we aztech).... :( can't be detected by my computer, though the other one can.

me thinks its viable. connect a lan cable from ur miobox to whateva router u wanna use. it shld get the job done:think: i dun have a spare router to test out yet. but i dun see why it shdlnt work

thanks.

The 2wire wireless capability is pathetic. I connect a D-link wireless router on top of it and yes, it is 10x better, at least to me.
Doesnt affect mio voice, yes it works.

Home Plug gets very hot over time, i personally would not recommend unless u are in a 24/7 air-con environment or a very big room.

Home Plug gets very hot over time, i personally would not recommend unless u are in a 24/7 air-con environment or a very big room.

24/7, nah... but when i'm home i do switch on the air-conditioning, since my day starts at 7+ and can end as late as 8-9 pm.. :D

now wondering if should go back to the shop i bought from in SLS (videopro) or go direct to aztech. i know many shops in sim lim don't entertain exchanges. and i doubt they will let me test units.. probably aztech would have a set up ready to troubleshoot and give a proper working set (assuming they have stock - i saw a few complaints online that aztech wasn't replacing h110we citing no stock)

Last edited: