Is there such a thing called perfect camera???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin Low

Feb 24, 2005
Punggol, Singapore
spaces.msn.com
I was just wondering.... :sweat:
having a digital camera nowadays is like having an extra pair of eyes! You see what you want to see and erase whatever you don't want to see.

Our pair of eyes are perfect; high resolution, sharp focus, add on accessories, auto focusing, high memory (brain), etc.......

Would there be such a camera in future? or do we have one already?!?!
Is there such a thing called a perfect camera?!?!? hmmm.... I wonder... :think:

Nothing is perfect in this world....just that...everyone has different level of expectation.....if you satisfied with something that you paid for....then it's perfect to you liao :thumbsup:

Kelvin Low said:
I was just wondering.... :sweat:
having a digital camera nowadays is like having an extra pair of eyes! You see what you want to see and erase whatever you don't want to see.

Our pair of eyes are perfect; high resolution, sharp focus, add on accessories, auto focusing, high memory (brain), etc.......

Would there be such a camera in future? or do we have one already?!?!
Is there such a thing called a perfect camera?!?!? hmmm.... I wonder... :think:

As you have said, we already have liao. Our eyes. :thumbsup:

My eyes ar... not perfect leh...need optics to focus clearly nowaday.
But when pretty girls walk pass, somehow there are IS and USM features, even have low light AF asistant. Can do 100fps too.

whoelse said:
My eyes ar... not perfect leh...need optics to focus clearly nowaday.
But when pretty girls walk pass, somehow there are IS and USM features, even have low light AF asistant. Can do 100fps too.

And resolution at 50MP? :bsmilie:

Kelvin Low said:

Our eyesight deteriorates with age.

Our brains are more powerful. They originates choice of lighting, composition, conceptualizing, visualizing, planning, creativity, imagination etc.

Some of the great images I've seen imitate imperfection of lens e.g. short DOF, blurness, vignetting, colour fringes, flare etc.

While the human eye is very complex, and the brain does a lot of sophisticated post processing, I would not call it the perfect camera because of the following limitations:

- Can only use full program mode - We cannot conciously choose to use aperture priority mode, spot metering, ISO setting or do manual white balancing...

- No optical zoom.

- Even though the brain seems to have virtually unlimited storage capacity we do not have total control of that storage. What you retrieve from that storage is usually not an exact copy of what was put in...that is, if you can even retrieve something in the first place.

- Got blind spot.

- Cannot do infra-red photography.

- Maximum aperture of about f/3.5 (assuming focal length = diameter of eye = 25mm and maximum iris diameter of young adult = 7mm)

;)

Yes! I was lucky enough to get acquinted to such device the other day, but it's still in a prototype stage. It's a one of a kind futuristic cam, with some kind of nonotech circuits , etc lens that emulates the eagle eye and I took it for a test, the clarity was astounding! First snap..

then my alarm clock rang. :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.