Is there such a thing call Global Photo Awards

Fireemblem

Nov 15, 2008
Kiasu Nation
Hmm i saw someone post that he is very proud that he won a few Global photo Awards (Actual name) suggesting that he is one of the best in the world in fashion/wedding/fantasy, but hmm i google around and only saw a small entry in Africa for this award. Google and also cannot find his name on the web apart from his own site. Anyone knows of this award? Not trying to discredit someone and will not be naming anyone here, his photos sure better than mine but somehow i dun see how he is one of the best in the world by a long shot.

Last edited:
I've seen this competition's site before when it was up.

In my opinion it doesn't look very credible and the aesthetics are really poor for something touting itself as a photography competition. Maybe you can call me superficial but at the very least a photographic competition's organizers should have some sense of aesthetics. In any case most international photography competitions *are* controversial to a certain extent depending on how you look at it. I think at the very least this seems like a competition with one set of winners from what little I could find.. There are some competitions where everyone wins, and winners are offered a chance to see their beautiful works displayed as winners in a beautiful book which costs $$$. :bsmilie: Good way to sell books.

Old news.. if you have enough money, you can make up all sorts of awards

Haha ok, just to satisfy my curiosity only. Now i know more especially when i cannot find anything on the net and the site that was down. Hmm good way to get business i guess.

Hmm i saw someone post that he is very proud that he won a few Global photo Awards (Actual name) suggesting that he is one of the best in the world in fashion/wedding/fantasy, but hmm i google around and only saw a small entry in Africa for this award. Google and also cannot find his name on the web apart from his own site. Anyone knows of this award? Not trying to discredit someone and will not be naming anyone here, his photos sure better than mine but somehow i dun see how he is one of the best in the world by a long shot.

To you his photos may not be the best in the world.

But to the judges of Global Photo Awards his photos are the best.

If Bei Song can employ the best lawyers in Singapore and sue the judges for their lack of good taste. :bsmilie:

haizzz....ha ha ha ...... PLEASE join the monthly Clubsnap Facebook Photo Challenge .... NO entry fees and easy as heck to participate

We've been giving out pretty decent prizes for a few months now ..... and the current competition has 2 (TWO) Columbia watches as prizes .... theme this month is "Adventure"

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/exhibitions-events/1279391-clubsnap-photo-challenge-adventure.html

Last edited:
704815_582670005089511_996348850_o.jpg

i think the competition should be changed to "global photo editing awards"

adding on...

website is down: 123's website

a website describing it: Global Photo Awards - Photo Contest Insider

and these are some of the links within the "competition" website, to other competitions: Contests - ViewBug.com

to me, the last one feels like some website where you can come up with any random thing to hold a contest for. which means that he's got nothing to be proud of. much like those idiots who win a "photo of the day" on pixoto because everyone of their friends voted them in, and they proudly proclaim victory. hollow. simply hollow.

that guy might have the eye, and the editing skills.... but he's still quite naive.

Last edited:
We must publicly and unreservedly acknowlege the world class standard and quality of the winners of Global Photo Awards lest people say that we are mean-minded, sour grapes, red eyed etc.

It is always the spirit of CS community to be big-hearted and generous about someone achieving something.

:)

*grabs popcorn*

anyone wanna share?