is there such a thing as fastest AF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
i recalled playing with a few digital cams in comex and found their AF slow to my context and also some ads boasting the fastest AF in it's class etc.

is there really a fastest AF for digital cams ?

Those are relative (in it's class) facts, not absolute :)

acetylcholine said:
i recalled playing with a few digital cams in comex and found their AF slow to my context and also some ads boasting the fastest AF in it's class etc.

is there really a fastest AF for digital cams ?

Just remember fast or slow is relative terms. Depend on what standard you compare to.

As yes, there will always be a 'fastest af' camera in its class. :)

Fastest (absolute) AF: Focus on d=x ,t=0 where subject, x, is at distance d, and where t is time. :)

I have some cameras that take pics the moment the shutter button is depressed. zero AF time. these generally cost less than $100 ;p But don't believe everything a manufacturer boasts. even if a camera is "fastest in its class" now, it'll be overtaken soon. and generally, manufacturers don't state what "class" the camera belongs to. it's bst to try out and see if you like the AF performance.

no offence but i cant help but feel the answer is going to be abit qian bian hehe

acetylcholine said:
no offence but i cant help but feel the answer is going to be abit qian bian hehe

maybe I misunderstood your question. Do you need to rephrase so that you get meaningful answer? :think:

Snowcrash said:
maybe I misunderstood your question. Do you need to rephrase so that you get meaningful answer? :think:

that was sarcastic wasnt it?

what i meant was that i guessed yr answer is going to be like " the human eye" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.